Hardy Altex reel confession.

The Hardy Reels forum.
Mr B
Arctic Char

Hardy Altex reel confession.

Post by Mr B »

Good evening Hardy aficionados.
I came across this interesting video recently from a chap I follow in America who can sort out most reels from Penn internationals to Mitchell 300s
I love his honest approach and do correspond to him from time to time and I found him to always have time whatever the question.
he is based near the sea and lots of his work is on abused sea fishing reels but he knows his stuff albeit a bit heavy-handed.

Mr B

The close season is an important and interesting time for the Angler who set out to catch big fish. It is a timely opportunity for him to make new tackle or renovate old. There are no end of jobs to do, apart from those horrible things called Gardens!

Cat
Chub

Re: Hardy Altex reel confession.

Post by Cat »

Interesting MrB, and thanks for posting. As I assume it's not going to be used / isn't usable in that condition, that it may have been worth having a go at stripping? Certainly would have been interesting. It is funny that the Altex instructions are indeed in English - 1950's English (at a guess) - but not 'Chaucer' English! Regards Cat

Banksy
Brown Trout

Post by Banksy »

“A wynche there was, ycleped Altex …”

Grumpy
Arctic Char

Post by Grumpy »

I also watched the video,he sure was baffled,I think I would be too! Did Hardy supply a tool kit with their reels to enable servicing?

Cat
Chub

Post by Cat »

Excellent Banksy...you just sent a shouldn't have attempted A-level English shiver down my spine!

Return to “Hardy Reels”