Wet flies (collection)

This section of the forum is for all you fly tying enthusiasts.
Ian
Eel

Wet flies (collection)

Post by Ian »

Don’t cast doubt,cast out.

Champ
Chub

Re: Wet flies (collection)

Post by Champ »

Very nice Ian.Wet flies were very effective on a reservoir that i used to fish many years ago.Mallard and claret,Dunkeld,Butcher,and Bloody butcher were a
few regular fish catchers.Especially the first two.Usually two on the leader fished just under the surface.One on the point,the other on the dropper.

In those days the Dunkeld had real jungle cock tied in.

Ian
Eel

Re: Wet flies (collection)

Post by Ian »

Champ wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 7:02 pm Very nice Ian.Wet flies were very effective on a reservoir that i used to fish many years ago.Mallard and claret,Dunkeld,Butcher,and Bloody butcher were a
few regular fish catchers.Especially the first two.Usually two on the leader fished just under the surface.One on the point,the other on the dropper.

In those days the Dunkeld had real jungle cock tied in.
I don’t fish reservoirs or lochs much these days champ,and when I do it’s usually for the perch and pike with streamers. The flies you have mentioned are great champ,and add to them the Kate mclaren and loch ordie. I don’t believe we need anymore for a days reservoir fishing,though a black spider fished on a sinking line with a figure of eight retrieve can produce the goods on an early spring day. Roll on the summer :Hat:
Don’t cast doubt,cast out.

Return to “Fly Tying”