Screaming reels

Watched a good fishing film lately, why not talk about it in here.
RBTraditional
Catfish

Re: Screaming reels

Post by RBTraditional »

Dave Burr wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 7:21 pm I have finished watching the two series of Screaming Reels on More4 and loved the vast majority of them. I must admit that I have forgotten about Judy Pascoe's fishing video reviews and still have a little flutter of love/lust when the three American girls say "Y'all come back and see us" - be still my beating heart.

The barbel school was watched on a VHS recording, on many occasions back in the '90's as it was part of the lure that brought me to the river, and Peter Stone with his unique voice and amusing anecdote. It's great TV.

I am, however, a little confused. I recall items that haven't appeared in the two series now available and, I cannot find any trace of a series 3. What happened to (I believe) Judy Pascoe again but doing something about cooking? I recall her beating the crap out of an old oven during the segment's intro and being scared by a wasp - anybody?

Also, where was the episode with Ray Walton as he rolled meat on the Hampshire Avon? There were also little quotes (usually from the East) about fishing on the show. I'm pretty certain that it's where I first saw one of my favourite little pearls, "How you fish alone is how you truly fish".

Anyhow, does anybody else share my scattered memory?
There is a clip on YouTube from screaming reels with Ray on the kennet Dave… is this the one you were thinking of?
" Angling is not an escape from life, but often a deeper immersion into it..."

https://thepiscatorialraconteurs.co.uk/

Dave Burr
Honorary Vice President

Post by Dave Burr »

RBTraditional wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 7:02 am
Dave Burr wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 7:21 pm

There is a clip on YouTube from screaming reels with Ray on the kennet Dave… is this the one you were thinking of?
That's the one Rob. I'm sure there's other stuff I can't recall but that didn't appear on the two series available. It's a mystery :Confused: I blame the Government..... or aliens.

Humber67
Gudgeon

Post by Humber67 »

Dave Burr wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 7:21 pm I have finished watching the two series of Screaming Reels on More4 and loved the vast majority of them. I must admit that I have forgotten about Judy Pascoe's fishing video reviews and still have a little flutter of love/lust when the three American girls say "Y'all come back and see us" - be still my beating heart.

The barbel school was watched on a VHS recording, on many occasions back in the '90's as it was part of the lure that brought me to the river, and Peter Stone with his unique voice and amusing anecdote. It's great TV.

I am, however, a little confused. I recall items that haven't appeared in the two series now available and, I cannot find any trace of a series 3. What happened to (I believe) Judy Pascoe again but doing something about cooking? I recall her beating the crap out of an old oven during the segment's intro and being scared by a wasp - anybody?

Also, where was the episode with Ray Walton as he rolled meat on the Hampshire Avon? There were also little quotes (usually from the East) about fishing on the show. I'm pretty certain that it's where I first saw one of my favourite little pearls, "How you fish alone is how you truly fish".

Anyhow, does anybody else share my scattered memory?
I’m with you I remember cooking on the engine of a car and Nick fishing on a dock in the USA with Miss Speckled Perch!!!!
Martin
When I grow up I want to be ME

Dave Burr
Honorary Vice President

Post by Dave Burr »

Humber67 wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 2:08 pm
I’m with you I remember cooking on the engine of a car and Nick fishing on a dock in the USA with Miss Speckled Perch!!!!
Martin
[/quote]

Well done that man :Thumb: The pieces of the great Screaming Reels enquiry are coming together.

Humber67
Gudgeon

Post by Humber67 »

In the last episode in season 2 Nick makes reference to having done 3 series of SR.
The mystery deepens!!!
Martin
When I grow up I want to be ME

Dave Burr
Honorary Vice President

Post by Dave Burr »

:holmes: :holmes: :holmes: :holmes:

Mark
Head Bailiff

Post by Mark »

Nick gudgeon fishing with Chris Yates.

Mark (Administrator)

The most precious places in the English landscape are those secretive corners,
where you find only elder trees, nettles and dreams. (BB - Denys Watkins-Pitchford).

Dave Burr
Honorary Vice President

Post by Dave Burr »

Thanks Mark, that segment was shown in the episodes screened. It's good homework for the weekend :Wink:

Return to “Fishing Films”