Small cleaning brush idea

A forum to show any of your restored or built traditional fishing reels.
Duckett
Tench

Small cleaning brush idea

Post by Duckett »

Between maintaining vintage reels and my N Gauge railway modelling, I go through a lot of small brushes that won’t scratch surfaces. Until recently, I used old toothbrushes. However, I’ve moved to an electric toothbrush and the short brushes that have are neither use nor ornament for cleaning other things. I’m also keen to reduce my plastic use. Then a few months ago, I discovered these:

They are made of bamboo and boar hair - seems appropriate to us that! They are cheap and don’t scratch even fairly delicate surfaces. They are also very easy to shape with scissors or a craft knife for getting into awkward spaces or only making contact with a small spot. They wash clean very easily.

I’ve seen something similar in a museum of artefacts from Ancient Rome and I’m sure all toothbrushes used to be like this!

Phil :Hat:
From "... the wilds of the Wirral, whose wayward people both God and good men have quite given up on ...".

MWithell
Chub

Re: Small cleaning brush idea

Post by MWithell »

It sounds as though the panda got more than she was bargaining for.
Malcolm

Catching lob-worms is one of the greater Outdoor Sports. It is the most hilarious game in the world (John C Moore)

Duckett
Tench

Re: Small cleaning brush idea

Post by Duckett »

MWithell wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 10:06 pm It sounds as though the panda got more than she was bargaining for.
:Hahaha: :Hahaha: :Hahaha: :Hahaha:
From "... the wilds of the Wirral, whose wayward people both God and good men have quite given up on ...".

Return to “Traditional Reel Building and Restoring”