Westhide, Herefordshire - anyone know it?

This forum belongs to other pools and lakes.
Julian
Salmon

Westhide, Herefordshire - anyone know it?

Post by Julian »

Anyone familiar with this location- its about 4 miles east of Hereford?

MY lovely lady and I have booked a cottage on the Westhide estate for a holiday next summer, and it has 400 acres of woodland that we can walk through,, but what it also has is a number of fishing pools that you can fish in when you rent the cottage. I don't normally ever do any fishing when we rent a cottege to go on our holiday but the lovely lady is happy for me to have a couple of short sessions.

I've had a look on Google Earth and most of the pools are small and in the woodland - which looks ideal to me, and a bigger pool right next to the cottage which is also surrounded by trees and tall bushes.

Amyone know what the pools contain or if they are open to fishing for others?
There is no peace on earth like the peace of fishing in the early mornings

Gary Bills
Rainbow Trout

Re: Westhide, Herefordshire - anyone know it?

Post by Gary Bills »

It seems to be near Bartestree, about ten miles from me. Quite a few farms have ponds round here, and quite a few have carp. It looks rather nice, doesn't it?
If not, and you fancy a session at one of "my" ponds Julian, drop me an email nearer the time.

Julian
Salmon

Post by Julian »

Thanks very much for the kind offer FB :D
However considering the limited time I will be 'allowed' to fish on our holiday, and that there are at least 5 or 6 pools to try there, plus that it seems to be possibly hardly fished at all I think I will have enough to try out - and the small ones in the woodland do look as though they are a bit of a mystery.
If they are interesting I'll post some photos of the poolswhen I get back ( and maybe even some fish).
There is no peace on earth like the peace of fishing in the early mornings

Gary Bills
Rainbow Trout

Post by Gary Bills »

Julian wrote:Thanks very much for the kind offer FB :D
However considering the limited time I will be 'allowed' to fish on our holiday, and that there are at least 5 or 6 pools to try there, plus that it seems to be possibly hardly fished at all I think I will have enough to try out - and the small ones in the woodland do look as though they are a bit of a mystery.
If they are interesting I'll post some photos of the poolswhen I get back ( and maybe even some fish).
I wish you tight lines! :D

Return to “Other Pools and Lakes”