Rare Hardy rod fully restored

The Hardy Rods forum.
Paul F
Sea Trout

Re: Rare Hardy rod fully restored

Post by Paul F »

Robinofkent wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 12:06 am Hello Paul , I am hoping that you could post some pictures of this rod again as the originals no longer display . I am also curious as to the use of these ' special upright rings' ,were they intended to guide the line whilst least disturbing the action of the rod , or as an economy measure or.... .I find it hard to believe that economy measures would be considered on such a prestigious rod . Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thank you Rob.
Hi Rob,
Welcome to the tff.

Thank you for your interest, but I actually sold this rod, when I was lucky enough to come across another fwk No1 perfect Nottingham rod in original condition, this rod dates to 1916, and has the original special upright rings, they were a little tarnished, but cleaned up nicely, it has a lovely wooden handle too.

Below are some photos, and a photo of the rod description from a 1921 anglers guide

Jeremy Croxall
Zander

Post by Jeremy Croxall »

That's very special :Hat:
"Oh for want of rod and line I'd fish this stream serene, sublime".

Bob Brookes
Zander

Post by Bob Brookes »

I have seen it in the flesh, it is very original.
"You do not cease to fish because you get old, you get old because you cease to fish"

Olly
Wild Carp

Post by Olly »

I am sure I have seen rings similar - on other rods - not Hardy ones?

AllRounder
Brown Trout

Post by AllRounder »

:drool: I’ve seen this too - a collectors dream and as for the handle….. it doesn’t get any better than that. :Beg:

Robinofkent
Stickleback

Post by Robinofkent »

Thank you for posting the pictures again Paul. I am envious of the rods that you find and return to service , your workmanship looks first rate. Never find anything remotely like that here. Am just finishing the split cane sections for an Avon rod I am building and I think I will copy those rings.I appreciate your help. Cheers Rob.

Return to “Hardy Cane Rods”