North Harrow Waltonians Angling Soc Harefield

This forum belongs to other pools and lakes.
Macko
Grayling

Re: North Harrow Waltonians Angling Soc Harefield

Post by Macko »

Jerry, you still haven't mentioned any harm or threats directed at you, so I'll assume
nothing ever has happened to you.
It's still the same anglers fishing there, GX have given us this season for free,come over
and meet us.
Could it be that people have heard about the 16 lb Barbel ( not just one) or numerous
Chub over 6lb (my pb 7lb 2 oz) that are in the water that swayed GX to take control of
the water.
It's a public footpath and part of the Colne Valley Loop so how will GX stop the drug dealers
and the rest of the scum? using the place.
It's not just anglers who use the footpath, there are dog walkers and ramblers and I've
never heard of anyone accosted or assaulted, nothing in local papers or by word of mouth.
So stop slagging the place and people off.

The Sweetcorn Kid
Wild Carp

Post by The Sweetcorn Kid »

You two aren't going to agree on this, locking thread before it gets personal.
SK
The Compleat Tangler

“Imagination is the real magic that exists in this world. Look inwards to see outwards. And capture it in writing.”

Nigel 'Fennel' Hudson

Click here for my Youtube Channel...
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeoyLH ... 5H4u8sTDgA

The Sweetcorn Kid
Wild Carp

Hopefully things have cooled off........let's resume gents. :hat:
SK
The Compleat Tangler

“Imagination is the real magic that exists in this world. Look inwards to see outwards. And capture it in writing.”

Nigel 'Fennel' Hudson

Haydn Clarke

Post by Haydn Clarke »

Glad you re-opened this thread, SK. Only a personal viewpoint here, but it is a bit silly to close a perfectly good thread just because two people have opposing views. I know this happened on the work thread, too, but even that one was still perfectly cordial. There is a danger with too much cencorship that it will just stiffle the flow of forum threads to the point where people will no longer post anything in the fear of it being pulled.

The Sweetcorn Kid
Wild Carp

Haydn Clarke wrote: There is a danger with too much cencorship that it will just stiffle the flow of forum threads to the point where people will no longer post anything in the fear of it being pulled.
Taken out of context a bit but your point has been taken onboard. :thumb:
SK
The Compleat Tangler

Nigel 'Fennel' Hudson

JerryC
Crucian Carp

Post by JerryC »

Macko wrote:Jerryc, I have fished the free stretch in Uxbridge for 27 years and not once have I come across
an undesirable, or had any inkling of trouble fishing there on my own during daylight or night.
Have you ever taken the time to talk to us undesirables, I bet you haven't. If you are still able to fish there I will gladly meet up with you and introduce to any of THE UNDESIRABLES, if any are fishing,you might just be surprised how friendly they are, and free with information about the stretch.
Do tell me what harm you have come to over there.
NEVER JUDGE A BOOK BY ITS COVER.
Just one last post as SK has re-opened the thread as a clarification Macko and then I believe it pointless to continue. If you care to read through my posts at no time have I included anyone with a rod and line as an 'undesirable' although you seem to place them and yourself in this category. With GX taking over and providing secure parking again and bailiff patrols I would hope it will be a much better place than in recent years - although the parks will probably suffer more than they already now do from the mindless section.

PS I doubt if you will gain popularity by placing detailed fish reports on an open forum. Many of us know of the quality of fish, just chose not to fish it for reasons stated.
If you understand what you’re doing, you’re not learning anything...........

Macko
Grayling

Post by Macko »

Jerryc, lets just beg to differ on the people who fish there. As for mentioning the fish there on an open forum, check out GX website and you will find that
they have a gallery with the quality of fish caught from their other stretches of Colne, it helps them to increase their membership.

I did a session over there this evening 4 til 9.30pm and guess what, not a soul there but me. Unfortunately total blank, not a touch. But did i care, no.
I'm happy enough to just be on the bank.

And lets be fair Jerry, do you think drug dealers with Rottweillers would worry about a couple of bailiffs, i think not.
I just felt the need to put the record straight with regard to the stretch, as i feel it never deserved to get a reputation for not being a safe place to fish.

The only people over there Jerry are people with rod and line, so who was i to assume you were talking about.

And my offer is still open if you fancy a session over there, you may be lucky enough to latch into one of the big barbel or chub, and i'll guarantee
your safety.

Redmire!! sssssssshhh nothing but Gudgeon in there. :chuckle: :hahaha:

Return to “Other Pools and Lakes”