Chub

Re: A Wally Chub

Post by Champ »

Well done Moley.Good conditions for big roach if they are there!. :Hat:

Grumpy
Arctic Char

Post by Grumpy »

Nicely done Moley,a 4lb small river Chub is a fine achievement.

CraigM
Grayling

Post by CraigM »

A great catch from a - usually- very small stream Moley.

Mick
Chub

Post by Mick »

Cracking chub Moley! Keep at 'em!! :Hat:

Moley
Brown Trout

Post by Moley »

Hi everyone

Thank you all for taking the time to reply. It's positive communication that make posting worthwhile because if no one says anything back, as the writer you can't tell if what you write is okay.

Wallyboy Rob wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 10:43 am Well done my pie ( and luncheon meat) chomping chum, yes one of the better chevins in the Wally. I'm guessing it was from Southwick pool as it was the only swim available on Saturday and your usual Boarhunt haunt was probably still underwater yesterday,

Either side of Boarhunt bridge

Either side of Cheesemans bridge

Rod Storey and I have both had Chub weighed at 3:13 from the pool and I have had 2 easily over 4 but not weighed at Whitedell
Wallyboy, the chub was caught in the stretch nr Wallington Village. You know the bit with all the overgrown trees, that just can't be fished in Summer at the top end. It didn't take long for the bite but took ages getting it in as the current, despite low tide, was still fierce. When Fat Bloke fished the river was still within the banks......just!

Again thank you all for replying.

As ever,.......

Moley
Say aye tae'a pie!

Northern_Nomad
Arctic Char

Post by Northern_Nomad »

I did post a response to your thread Mr Mole……bit surprised to find it’s not here. Obviously circling around the interweb thingy.

It was a reflection on how kind the Wally has been to me on my visits, and how it has given up some of what I desired - large gonk, large dace etc. it hasn’t to date given me a glimpse of a good chub yet, just a single chublet on the last trip.

So I know how difficult it can be to get a decent chub from it, and to get a beauty like that is rather special.

Hats off to you :Hat:
"We knelt side by side looking at it. I knew it was big, and suddenly it dawned on me it was more than that. It was tremendous!" - Richard Walker

Moley
Brown Trout

Post by Moley »

Northern_Nomad wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 3:17 pm I did post a response to your thread Mr Mole……bit surprised to find it’s not here. Obviously circling around the interweb thingy.

It was a reflection on how kind the Wally has been to me on my visits, and how it has given up some of what I desired - large gonk, large dace etc. it hasn’t to date given me a glimpse of a good chub yet, just a single chublet on the last trip.

So I know how difficult it can be to get a decent chub from it, and to get a beauty like that is rather special.

Hats off to you :Hat:
A sure sign of age NN. A lot of Fat Bloke postings do that. This is why it takes so long to get things done. Computer ineptitude is par for the course.

The big chub are there but further down than young Wallyboy takes you as he prefers the upper stretches, particularly around Southwick.

Anyways many thanks for your reply and attempted effort.

As ever,.....

Moley
Say aye tae'a pie!

Return to “Chub (Leuciscus cephalus)”