WHAT IS THE MOST UNUSUAL PLACE YOU HAVE EVER FISHED?

This forum belongs to other pools and lakes.
Timothy Claypole
Bleak

Re: WHAT IS THE MOST UNUSUAL PLACE YOU HAVE EVER FISHED?

Post by Timothy Claypole »

Ha!

I’ve had some “friendly” greetings as I’ve cycled home at dusk 😱
"Fishing is a philosophy. A philosophy of earth, and growth, and quiet places. In it there is a rule of life, a recognition of permanences."

Bernard Venables

StalkingLuke
Crucian Carp

Post by StalkingLuke »

When I worked at Kew Gardens for many years, I would fish some of the lakes after the gardens had shut. Carefully concealed amongst the carefully manicured bankside vegetation I caught many fine carp, sometimes I would be playing a fish when the night security were patrolling nearby or guests at an after hours event strolled past wine glass in hand. I never once got caught 😄
Never test the depth of the water with both feet.

Bob Brookes
Zander

Post by Bob Brookes »

To me there are a couple that I thought were unusual, yet accepted as quite normal by a few in this group.

One was fishing a moat surrounding an active Victorian fort, being screened and checked by armed Gurkha guards both in and out. Unusual but wonderful!

The other probably not quite as strange, yet weird at the time, when I was fishing Lake Nasser in Egypt in 1997. At the time there was trouble from Islamic extremists (sound familiar?) They were firing on tourist boats from the west bank at the time and shortly after there was a massacre at one of the tombs in the Valley of the Kings. Because of this unrest, on our mini bus drive from Aswan down to our boat, moored part way down Lake Nasser, we were accompanied by an armed soldier. This chap was hardly a 'coiled spring' as he slept most of the way. His presence cost us £50!
"You do not cease to fish because you get old, you get old because you cease to fish"

Return to “Other Pools and Lakes”