Redmire pool short videos

This forum belongs to Redmire Pool.
Snape
Bailiff

Re: Redmire pool short videos

Post by Snape »

Julian wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 11:01 am
Snape wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 1:25 pm
Julian wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 9:21 am Really nice videos Nigel. Brings back memories for me of a 1.5 acre pool I used to fish between 2007 and 2010, where weed growth and water clarity looked exactly like in your videos.
Now that everyone knows there are no longer any giant carp in Redmire, since the draining and restoration back in 2018?, it seems strange that they have kept it such a closely guarded secret about what they found the stock actually consisted of when it was drained.
Thanks Julian
It’s pretty well known that nothing over 30lb came out in the restoration but most of the fish died when relocated to Little Redmire. They were replaced by stocked fish of Redmire lineage. There now is a fish around 30lb and plenty of 20s.
Thanks for that info, I didn’t know any of that, other than the restocking had Redmire lineage fish included and that they have now reached over 30lbs .Do they know why most of the fish died when removed ?
Otters were blamed but I think oxygen crash as well.
“Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers,” Herbert Hoover.
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

Julian
Salmon

Re: Redmire pool short videos

Post by Julian »

Snape wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 10:28 pm
Julian wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 11:01 am
Snape wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 1:25 pm
Julian wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 9:21 am Really nice videos Nigel. Brings back memories for me of a 1.5 acre pool I used to fish between 2007 and 2010, where weed growth and water clarity looked exactly like in your videos.
Now that everyone knows there are no longer any giant carp in Redmire, since the draining and restoration back in 2018?, it seems strange that they have kept it such a closely guarded secret about what they found the stock actually consisted of when it was drained.
Thanks Julian
It’s pretty well known that nothing over 30lb came out in the restoration but most of the fish died when relocated to Little Redmire. They were replaced by stocked fish of Redmire lineage. There now is a fish around 30lb and plenty of 20s.
Thanks for that info, I didn’t know any of that, other than the restocking had Redmire lineage fish included and that they have now reached over 30lbs .Do they know why most of the fish died when removed ?
Otters were blamed but I think oxygen crash as well.
Thanks for that info Nigel.
There is no peace on earth like the peace of fishing in the early mornings

Return to “Redmire Pool”