Angling Clubs in Peril?

Watched a good fishing film lately, why not talk about it in here.
Mr B
Arctic Char

Re: Angling Clubs in Peril?

Post by Mr B »

Cat wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 8:17 pm Surely Mr B, at 36, you're a long way off getting any OAP discount benefit!
I wish plus 30! 66...
Saying that, I am truly enjoying my age, yes a few aches, pains, and strains.
As we can see though many of our remarkable older TFF's are still going strong, so us new oap's are spring chickens!
As we all know.. age is just a number its the quality of life that counts...
Mmm, that reminds me, fishing clubs, Maidstone Victory'....

Mr B
The close season is an important and interesting time for the Angler who set out to catch big fish. It is a timely opportunity for him to make new tackle or renovate old. There are no end of jobs to do, apart from those horrible things called Gardens!

DaceAce
Eel

Post by DaceAce »

Mr B wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 8:07 pm Fishing clubs are great value in the grand scheme of things, especially as my oap approaches in a couple of months and the membership price drops as you know.
The prices are very good even if you only get a few days at each club water, plus your supporting a very good cause and have freedom to travel.
"The worlds our oyster"

Mr B
Sadly, a situation where half of many small clubs' membership are pensioners and getting 'great value' is a death knell for the clubs.

As a youngster in the early 70s I doubt even 10% of the membership was pensioners.

Olly
Wild Carp

Post by Olly »

Mostly 'youngsters' of 20 - 30ish I think in the 70's - being one of them at the time! And it us who are still fishing now with Mr. B being a junior in that clan! :Scared:

Liphook
Barbel

Post by Liphook »

Too true Mark, unfortunately. Add to this the inherent laziness of the majority of modern anglers and the future for many natural waters is in increasing peril. If a water requires a walk, has no 'patio' pegs and isn't stuffed with carp then they are often doomed. It really is sad state of affairs
Last edited by Liphook on Tue Mar 05, 2024 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DaceAce
Eel

Post by DaceAce »

Olly wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 1:49 pm Mostly 'youngsters' of 20 - 30ish I think in the 70's - being one of them at the time! And it us who are still fishing now with Mr. B being a junior in that clan! :Scared:
That's about right.

Return to “Fishing Films”