Has anyone

General fly fishing chat area.
Ian
Eel

Has anyone

Post by Ian »

Tried fly fishing for zander? The thought just came into my head when reading through the long chenille thread.
Don’t cast doubt,cast out.

Catfish.017
Eel

Re: Has anyone

Post by Catfish.017 »

Ian wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 2:20 pm Tried fly fishing for zander? The thought just came into my head when reading through the long chenille thread.
Should be perfectly possible, probably with a sinking line depending on the depth being fished. Years ago I had quite a surprise whilst fishing a Sea Trout river at night using a Falkus Sunk Lure slow and deep in the dub of a pool; I hooked into something tenacious which turned out to be an Eel of around three pounds. The tussle intensified out of the water!

Ian
Eel

Re: Has anyone

Post by Ian »

Catfish.017 wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 4:36 pm
Ian wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 2:20 pm Tried fly fishing for zander? The thought just came into my head when reading through the long chenille thread.
Should be perfectly possible, probably with a sinking line depending on the depth being fished. Years ago I had quite a surprise whilst fishing a Sea Trout river at night using a Falkus Sunk Lure slow and deep in the dub of a pool; I hooked into something tenacious which turned out to be an Eel of around three pounds. The tussle intensified out of the water!
Haha, that’s a great story CF, and I get your point.
Don’t cast doubt,cast out.

Return to “General Fly Chat”