A white lady at Redmire.

Enter this forum only if you dare.
Gary Bills
Rainbow Trout

Re: A white lady at Redmire.

Post by Gary Bills »

stalkingluke wrote:OK do you promise no to laugh?
well after returning home from a most enjoyable trip to Redmire at the weekend, I found the House empty as my family were still out for lunch. I took the opportunity to clean and pack away my tackle etc and was just about to put my feet up when the peace was shattered by their return. Once they had all come inside and closed the front door we moved into the living room and I began to tell them about my trip. Immediately a gentle but sudden gust of wind pushed through the adjoining rooms disturbing the curtains and a large wall hanging. It was really weird we all felt it and saw the effect on the curtains etc. My wife asked why I had left the front door open but I hadn't and immediately checked all doors and windows around the house, they were all firmly shut. I still cannot explain it!

Was it a coincidence I had just returned from the pool? I've certainly never experienced anything like it before.

Stop laughing now.
Perhaps the white lady fancies you!

StalkingLuke
Crucian Carp

Post by StalkingLuke »

The responses I expected but how about a proper explanation, I know it's hardly a life changing event but all the same not one I can understand or reason with.

J.T I do from time to time suffer from extreme flatulence, but on this occasion it wasn't the source.
Never test the depth of the water with both feet.

J.T
Catfish

Post by J.T »

I thought not Luke, always best to check first though... :chuckle:

Could it have been some kind of air pressure change.... somehow.... :think:
"piscator non solum piscatur"

Snape
Bailiff

Post by Snape »

breeze down a chimney?
a door being opened or closed suddenly?
my labrador's tail causes one heck of a breeze at times!
Maybe the Butterfly Effect from one of the above (chaos theory)?
Just because we can't easily find a natural explanation in no way points to a supernatural explanation which is infinitely more unlikely than a natural explanation which we are unaware of..... :think:
“Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers,” Herbert Hoover.
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

StalkingLuke
Crucian Carp

Post by StalkingLuke »

Snape wrote:breeze down a chimney?
Just because we can't easily find a natural explanation in no way points to a supernatural explanation which is infinitely more unlikely than a natural explanation which we are unaware of..... :think:
I would usually always agree with you Snape but at the time being naturally inquisitive I checked through everything. We were all together in one room, no doors or windows were open to the outside, we have open chimneys but it was very still outside and our house is quite draft free. Even my wife who is generally quite unobservant was surprised that at least one door wasn't open such was the volume of air movement and this was the most surprising thing it seemed to pass through several rooms and had no obvious source or for the final room it passed into an obvious place for the pressure to escape. It really was odd and not experienced before in the ten years that we have owned the house.

Snape
Bailiff

Post by Snape »

stalkingluke wrote:
Snape wrote:breeze down a chimney?
I would usually always agree with you Snape but at the time being naturally inquisitive I checked through everything. We were all together in one room, no doors or windows were open to the outside, we have open chimneys but it was very still outside and our house is quite draft free. Even my wife who is generally quite unobservant was surprised that at least one door wasn't open such was the volume of air movement and this was the most surprising thing it seemed to pass through several rooms and had no obvious source or for the final room it passed into an obvious place for the pressure to escape. It really was odd and not experienced before in the ten years that we have owned the house.
In that case based on probability I'll stick with my last sentence - an unexplained natural event. :think:
“Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers,” Herbert Hoover.

StalkingLuke
Crucian Carp

Post by StalkingLuke »

In that case based on probability I'll stick with my last sentence - an unexplained natural event. :think:[/quote]

Come on Snape not the answer I would expect from a scientist! but I do accept that unless it happened repeatedly there is no way of ever discovering what had created the exact and so far unique conditions to generate it.

Gary Bills
Rainbow Trout

Post by Gary Bills »

stalkingluke wrote:The responses I expected but how about a proper explanation, I know it's hardly a life changing event but all the same not one I can understand or reason with.

J.T I do from time to time suffer from extreme flatulence, but on this occasion it wasn't the source.
Dear SL, - OK - From what I have read, there is some evidence that ghosts can sometimes follow people - so that a person becomes haunted, not a place. Ghosts can also haunt objects that they were attached to in life. I don't mean to scare you! It might be that some residue of the Redmire haunting followed you home, if that particular "theory" holds water. As for the dead bird - I read an account by either the investigator Colin Wilson or Guy Playfair -can't recall which one, - that animals dying suddenly like that, for no apparent reason, can be evidence of a history of black magic on a site. The case the article mentioned was of a church where, for no good reason, a flock of birds fell down before the door, all dead and all - bloodless! In that case, it was known that black magic had been carried out in the churchyard. Perhaps the hauntings at Redmire are down to people dabbling with dark forces in the past? Who knows?
It might explain the green-eyed ghoul!
That's strange - I can hear Snape shouting "twaddle" at the top of his voice!

Snape
Bailiff

Post by Snape »

farliesbirthday wrote:
stalkingluke wrote:The responses I expected but how about a proper explanation, I know it's hardly a life changing event but all the same not one I can understand or reason with.

Dear SL, - OK - From what I have read, there is some evidence that ghosts can sometimes follow people - so that a person becomes haunted, not a place. Ghosts can also haunt objects that they were attached to in life. I don't mean to scare you! It might be that some residue of the Redmire haunting followed you home, if that particular "theory" holds water. As for the dead bird - I read an account by either the investigator Colin Wilson or Guy Playfair -can't recall which one, - that animals dying suddenly like that, for no apparent reason, can be evidence of a history of black magic on a site. The case the article sited was of a church where, for no good reason, a flock of birds fell down before the door, all dead and all - bloodless! In that case, it was known that black magic had been carried out in the churchyard. Perhaps the hauntings at Redmire are down to people dabbling with dark forces in the past? Who knows?
TWADDLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hahaha: :hahaha:

Gary Bills
Rainbow Trout

Post by Gary Bills »

Snape wrote:
farliesbirthday wrote:

Dear SL, - OK - From what I have read, there is some evidence that ghosts can sometimes follow people - so that a person becomes haunted, not a place. Ghosts can also haunt objects that they were attached to in life. I don't mean to scare you! It might be that some residue of the Redmire haunting followed you home, if that particular "theory" holds water. As for the dead bird - I read an account by either the investigator Colin Wilson or Guy Playfair -can't recall which one, - that animals dying suddenly like that, for no apparent reason, can be evidence of a history of black magic on a site. The case the article sited was of a church where, for no good reason, a flock of birds fell down before the door, all dead and all - bloodless! In that case, it was known that black magic had been carried out in the churchyard. Perhaps the hauntings at Redmire are down to people dabbling with dark forces in the past? Who knows?
TWADDLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hahaha: :hahaha:
My God, Snape, that's wierd! - do you think there's a telepathic link between us? (!)

Return to “Haunted Swims and Fishing Stories”