Bluebell Lakes

This forum belongs to other pools and lakes.
Loop Erimder
Wild Carp

Bluebell Lakes

Post by Loop Erimder »

Anyone had any experience of these lakes in Peterborough, think it may be on my list to visit shortly and only just over an hour away
Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast; in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish

WildCarpFisher.

Re: Bluebell Lakes

Post by WildCarpFisher. »

Problem I find with many carp lakes today is they like to designate you a swim! When you arrive they say number 14 is free and that's it? In a days fishing I may feel like moving a few times so I'm put off.

Bluebell has several lakes (6 IF I remember) and you can or could move around. I think Sandmartin is the least fished. As I don't know how you like to fish, one rod and rove, or more and sit I cannot really help as I'm a rover? They also allow night fishing? I prefer to have a comfortable bed these days? :Ok:

WildCarpFisher.

Just had a look at the site rules. I think they also like to offer you a peg to fish? I would ask before you book if stalking is allowed?

Julian
Salmon

Post by Julian »

I can't think of any thing worse when going fishing than being told which spot you have to fish in. :Thumbsdown::
There is no peace on earth like the peace of fishing in the early mornings

MGs
Pike

Post by MGs »

Not great. You could end up in a swim with little chance of catching. I prefer to have a look round and see where takes my fancy
Old car owners never die....they just rust away

Taprobanes

Post by Taprobanes »

Goodness I've never known such a thing, thats not Angling..as I wish to do it

Loop Erimder
Wild Carp

Post by Loop Erimder »

FYI gentlemen I have just called the fishery. You go to reception pay your fee and then you can go fish where you like. A couple of lakes are for 24hours + so if going for the day you choose the other options.
Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast; in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish

Aitch
Pike

Post by Aitch »

I did a 48 hour session there a few years back... it was full of Time Bandits.. there are some nice fish there,

but it's not my cup of tea
Blanked my *rse off.... so perhaps my view of the place is slightly coloured :Hahaha:

Good facilities tho, tackle shop, loo's, shower block & cafe' :Thumb:
Just one more cast love, and I'll be on me way home

Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but pictures and memories

WildCarpFisher.

Time bandits, was that not a film in the 80s!!!!!!!!

Sounds fine then. Let us know how you go?

Loop Erimder
Wild Carp

Post by Loop Erimder »

Well i'm sure I will take a visit there one day in the near future, I have a few other new places to visit as well as my new club waters. So many waters so little time

Return to “Other Pools and Lakes”