secret perch pond

This forum belongs to other pools and lakes.
JimmyBobkin
Crucian Carp

Re: secret perch pond

Post by JimmyBobkin »

The secret pond is no longer a secret. Got there today and soon after there were three others, armed to the teeth with match fishing gear. I had a quiet corner where the wind was blowing directly ino my face. Bites were very hard to come by. After a couple of biteless hours on the worm, I switched to bread flake and got some very delicate little nibbles. I gently struck into a slow bite and the rod nosedived and something put a huge bend into my rod just before the hook was rejected and I was flailing around like a fool. For another couple of hours, I struggled to get a bite, even though I tried everything from the float to freelining, and even a hair rig. :Hide: A big blank today. I noticed the others were also struggling to get bites, even with their ten metre poles. The conditions seemed good. There are fish in the pond but either it is an 'uber' hard water or just one of those days. This is the third blank this year out of six sessions. I must be losing it. At least the birds were worth watching.

AshbyCut
Honorary President

Post by AshbyCut »

I suspect that the fish went on strike in protest at the c**b*n poles, Sir !!! Persevere. :Hat:
"Beside the water I discovered (or maybe rediscovered) the quiet. The sort of quiet that allows one to be woven into the tapestry of nature instead of merely standing next to it." Estaban.

JimmyBobkin
Crucian Carp

Post by JimmyBobkin »

It must have been an unofficial strike then because no one told me. Maybe a mid week trip is in order.

Kingfisher
Catfish

Post by Kingfisher »

Looks a really nice pool Jim, shame the fish weren't playing ball.

God never did make a more calm, quiet, innocent recreation than angling.

Izaak Walton

Julian
Salmon

Post by Julian »

Don't be too disapointed, the unusually long cold winter and late spring with temperatures some nights getting close to freezing is making the fishing difficult on many days and good on a few others.
There is no peace on earth like the peace of fishing in the early mornings

Loop Erimder
Wild Carp

Post by Loop Erimder »

I always go fishing in the hope I catch nothing at all, but am let down by catching a few, perserverence my good fellow
Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast; in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish

Julian
Salmon

Post by Julian »

Loop Erimder wrote:I always go fishing in the hope I catch nothing at all, but am let down by catching a few, perserverence my good fellow
A fine philosophy to have Loop :Thumb:
There is no peace on earth like the peace of fishing in the early mornings

PershoreHarrier
Rainbow Trout

Post by PershoreHarrier »

I spent four years fishing a carp pool and the only fish I caught in those four years was a bream of around 2.5lbs. In the fourth year I caught my first carp at the place 21 and a quarter and after that I caught carp virtually every visit albeit the first was the biggest I caught there. Never understood why the first four years were totally blank and once I had one on the bank the whole thing changed. Confidence maybe but there is more to it than that I am sure.

Stick with it I am sure you will be rewarded and it does look a rather fine place.

As a matter of interest I am always available to dig worms.

Return to “Other Pools and Lakes”