Loake Shoes

Got some interesting traditional angler's clothing you want to talk about.
Olly
Wild Carp

Re: Loake Shoes

Post by Olly »

I have bought shoes for £50 but they have lasted 20 years and are still going strong!! Had my wellies for 14 years and touch wood - still going well!

I must admit Loake shoes do fit and wear well.
Last edited by Olly on Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Scott
Tench

Post by Scott »

I have these by Mephisto, French :Scared:

And these by Sebago/Filson, American :Scared:

GazTheAngler

Post by GazTheAngler »

For those of you in the London area or visiting there is a shoe shop in Strutton Ground opposite New Scotland Yard that sells loake's at good prices. Also at the top of Strutton Ground is the Grafton Arms pub which has a strong Goon's conection for those who may like that sort of thing. Sell's good ales too.

The Sweetcorn Kid
Wild Carp

Post by The Sweetcorn Kid »

Not sure about Loake shoes, but I'm sure most of mine are Bloke shoes....
SK
The Compleat Tangler

“Imagination is the real magic that exists in this world. Look inwards to see outwards. And capture it in writing.”

Nigel 'Fennel' Hudson

Click here for my Youtube Channel...
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeoyLH ... 5H4u8sTDgA

GazTheAngler

Post by GazTheAngler »

Nice one Stu,

Mine too, apart from when I wear the Mrs' Sketchers when I can't find my slippers!

Badger
Grayling

Post by Badger »

Crocket and Jones make some very nice shoes/ boots as well. These are my favourites with the tweed suit.

"An undisturbed river is as perfect as we will ever know, every refractive slide of cold water a glimpse of eternity" - Thomas McGuane

Mario
Eel

Post by Mario »

Badger wrote:Crocket and Jones make some very nice shoes/ boots as well. These are my favourites with the tweed suit.

i have some crocket and jones brogues had them over ten years and are as good as new great shoes made in northampton i also have pair if hunters wellies which i must have had for close on 20 years and there still great

GhyllManor
Grayling

Post by GhyllManor »

GazTheAngler wrote:For those of you in the London area or visiting there is a shoe shop in Strutton Ground opposite New Scotland Yard that sells loake's at good prices. Also at the top of Strutton Ground is the Grafton Arms pub which has a strong Goon's conection for those who may like that sort of thing. Sell's good ales too.
I used to go to the Grafton Arms at lunchtimes! many years ago now, the then landlord would throw some sawdust outside of the pub door, when I enquired why he told me it was ''tourist bait''

GhyllManor
Grayling

Post by GhyllManor »

ps. I am a fan of Alfred Sargent shoes :)

GazTheAngler

Post by GazTheAngler »

GM,

Ah sawdust tourist bait! The best/worst pub for that was the Clarence in Whitehall in the 80's early 90's ground floor was completely sawdust covered back then.

I as in the Grafton last week, great pub.

Return to “Traditional Angler's Clothing”