should I laugh or cry

The place you will find all those traditional terminal tackle items.
Danny Boy
Arctic Char

Re: should I laugh or cry

Post by Danny Boy »

harry h when you have repainted them will you sell them what they are priced at 0.09p ,you can put me down for 10 :Chuckle:
I go fishing not to find myself...but to lose myself

Reedling
Catfish

Post by Reedling »

Nothing to do with fishing Harry H but we were at our local boot the other day and my wife pulled a penny lick glass out of a box and I picked up a very rare design Victorian glass penny ink bottle. The two gave us 30p change from a quid!!! We do love a boot sale you know, :Happy: :Happy: :Happy:

Harry H
Rainbow Trout

Post by Harry H »

Reedling wrote:Nothing to do with fishing Harry H but we were at our local boot the other day and my wife pulled a penny lick glass out of a box and I picked up a very rare design Victorian glass penny ink bottle. The two gave us 30p change from a quid!!! We do love a boot sale you know, :Happy: :Happy: :Happy:
My wife thinks I am becoming addicted just a shame the best one around here is midweek so only get to go when annual leave :Hat:
There are three things that improve with age: wine, friendship and water sense, and there's no short cut.
Anthony Shepherdson

Harry H
Rainbow Trout

Post by Harry H »

Danny Boy wrote:harry h when you have repainted them will you sell them what they are priced at 0.09p ,you can put me down for 10 :Chuckle:
Not as good at painting as I am with a sewing machine :Thumb:
There are three things that improve with age: wine, friendship and water sense, and there's no short cut.
Anthony Shepherdson

Reedling
Catfish

Post by Reedling »

Talking of sewing machines, wifey bought a Brother machine the other week at the bootie for £3 and it is like brand new, not a hint of fluff anywhere. A little adjustment of the bobbin holder tension under and it works a treat. She complained because it was not a one step button holer !!! there is just no pleasing some people.

Nigel Rainton
Rainbow Trout

Post by Nigel Rainton »

Our local car boot sale starts at 11:30am each Sunday when the weather is good, I counted about 200 cars there last time. There is a lot of rubbish on sale but we usually find something of quality. I bought two split cane fly rods for £10 and later this morning I'm going to take my refurbished fly rod to Hazel Copse for sea trials and commissioning :-)

Nobby
Wild Carp

Post by Nobby »

Blimey! If you sell that lot at once you'll drop the price to pennies.

I would guess that you can't go potty with any solvents. You may have to simply repaint them the correct colour.

What a find! Unbelieveable!!

Harry H
Rainbow Trout

Post by Harry H »

Nobby wrote:Blimey! If you sell that lot at once you'll drop the price to pennies.

I would guess that you can't go potty with any solvents. You may have to simply repaint them the correct colour.

I have some number 4's that have never had the tops painted do you have any idea of value? :Hat:
Anthony Shepherdson

Harry H
Rainbow Trout

Post by Harry H »

Harry H wrote:
Nobby wrote:Blimey! If you sell that lot at once you'll drop the price to pennies.

I have some number 4's that have never had the tops painted do you have any idea of value? :Hat:
I think I have answered my own question :shocked:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/A-SUPERB-VINT ... QJTPA%253D
Anthony Shepherdson

Paul F
Sea Trout

Post by Paul F »

What a find! Unbelieveable!![/quote]I have some number 4's that have never had the tops painted do you have any idea of value? :Hat:[/quote]I think I have answered my own question :shocked:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/A-SUPERB-VINT ... QJTPA%253D[/quote]

Not quite Harry, the one on e-bay is the rarer slider float, your clean unpainted ones will be worth around £15 each

Return to “Traditional Terminal Tackle”