pen-y-clawdd fishery

This forum belongs to other pools and lakes.
GarryProcter
Arctic Char

Re: pen-y-clawdd fishery

Post by GarryProcter »

MD, I'm probably wrong (not unusual), butt I seem to remember some story about the amount of meat going into commercials lowering the water quality? I doubt it's correct, possibly a story put about by a commercial owner determined to increase the sales of the bait they were selling. But then I'm a cynical oldd so-and-so.

"floating baits attract birds that eat the fish" - hmm, I would have thought the thing that attracts fish-eating birds was errr... fish! Next time suggest that he deters such birds by getting rid of the fish :Happy:

MaggotDrowner
Sea Trout

Post by MaggotDrowner »

Perhaps, Garry. I don't know about you but I don't loose feed much, if any, meat. That works out far too expensive. I normally feed mashed bread and sweetcorn with perhaps two or three small cubes of meat and fish meat on the hook. I wonder what is in the meat that lowers water quality. It must be the fatty jelly?

What worries me more though is the amount of boilies some people chuck in. I was talking to one chap who said he had put in 5kg! He was sat there wondering why he wasn't catching. I bet the daft twit had filled them up and wrecked the fishing for himself and everyone else. I went on the smaller pool across the road, chucked in the usual three balls of mashed bread and a hand full of sweetcorn and caught well.
"I'd rather be fishing!"

MD

GarryProcter
Arctic Char

Post by GarryProcter »

I think it was the fat/jelly, but I might be mis-remembering. I don't feed much meat, if I'm using it. I always use a mix of loose feed - hemp, corn, a few pellets, some bread mash, maggots, and on high days and holidays some casters - whatever I've got handy.

P.S. I don't mean I feed all of those at the same time!

Return to “Other Pools and Lakes”