Hats

Got some interesting traditional angler's clothing you want to talk about.
Dave Burr
Honorary Vice President

Re: Hats

Post by Dave Burr »

Sorry about the pseudonym Shaun, I've never used one on a forum before but I thought it was par for the course on here, anyway, I look forward to meeting up with you again.

SK, if you ever want a guided tour of the fishery hot spots just ask, if it involves a beer or two afterwards the all the better :thumb:

Shaun Harrison
Zander

Post by Shaun Harrison »

Mmmm - never got past the beer stage. Although I did manage to find myself a few fish to catch in what were quite difficult conditions when you don't know the river. I had last fished it 20 years previously for Salmon and this time was putting baits where people probably normally sit.

Hey ho - I got my string pulled :hat:

The Sweetcorn Kid
Wild Carp

Post by The Sweetcorn Kid »

Oh yes Dave, next year should see me find more time than I've had of late, so I plan to do some visiting throughout. :thumb:
SK
The Compleat Tangler

“Imagination is the real magic that exists in this world. Look inwards to see outwards. And capture it in writing.”

Nigel 'Fennel' Hudson

Click here for my Youtube Channel...
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeoyLH ... 5H4u8sTDgA

Dave Burr
Honorary Vice President

Post by Dave Burr »

Look forward to it :D

Kevanf1
Arctic Char

Post by Kevanf1 »

Hmm, on the subject of hats and beards... I have just ordered a new hat ready for next Summer. I have a bush hat but find it does not afford enough protection from the sun in one's eyes. I have a wider brimmed hat that is also a military style (Aussie?) that folds up on one side and clips in place; it really does not suit me. I have umpteen peaked caps including a lightweight one I won from a recent Korum competition. They are all ok... The new one, however is a a camouflaged pattern, US army 'boonie' hat similar to the ones used in the Vietnam conflict era. I also have a woolie beanie hat for winter together with one of those caps with the furry ear muffs.

The beard is very silver now and has been an on off thing for decades. This time round it has lasted for around 5 years and I think it will stay now :) I did purposely grow it for fishing purposes as it occurred to me that the fish might not like a big bright round object looking into the water reflecting the sun... my ugly mush in other words. So I covered it up with a beard :)
Currently reading......Go Fishing For Bass and Go Fishing For Skate and Rays both by Graeme Pullen, The Kill Switch by James Rollins, Raspberry Pi Manual - Haynes, 'Make: Electronics by Charles Platt' & the 'Myford series 7 manual by Ian Bradley'

Shaun Harrison
Zander

Post by Shaun Harrison »

My beard is currently the shortest it has been since first growing it 25 years ago. I darn't take a look at what might be beneath it after all these years!

Woolly Bear
Chub

Post by Woolly Bear »

Re hats ,if you gents want a stylish hat that is water proof and protects your bonce from those nasty rays , ye remember them ,don't think you could better the Akubra range of hats . Very very expensive new , look on the Bay , usually bought on holiday in Australia ,worn once , got laughed at , so up for grabs brand new and usually boxed , thirty odd pound as opposed to one hundred plus . We eccentrics look great in them ,Regards ,Woolly Bear . :Thumb: :Hat:

JimmyBobkin
Crucian Carp

Post by JimmyBobkin »

Mine, 50p from local charity shopImage

Vole
Rainbow Trout

Post by Vole »

Well bagged, Sir!
"Write drunk, edit sober" - Hemingway.
Hemingway didn't have to worry about accidentally hitting "submit" before he edited.

AshbyCut
Honorary President

Post by AshbyCut »

A fine titfer, Sir. Well done.
"Beside the water I discovered (or maybe rediscovered) the quiet. The sort of quiet that allows one to be woven into the tapestry of nature instead of merely standing next to it." Estaban.

Return to “Traditional Angler's Clothing”