The beauty of Ashmead

This forum belongs to other pools and lakes.
GregF
Crucian Carp

Re: The beauty of Ashmead

Post by GregF »

Wow!! That is truly wonderful news Skeff, and what a fantastic thing to do, to share with like-minded anglers what you have worked so hard to create at Ashmead. :wave: If allowed, I’ll be one (of very many, I’m sure) wishing to book some time at this special place.
"Give up haste and ambition, close your mouth, only then will you comprehend the spirit of Tao" - Lao Tze

Skeff
Crucian Carp

Post by Skeff »

:Thumb: Greg, I look forward to showing you around! Thanks for the support..... Kind regards. Skeff
Last edited by Skeff on Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Snape
Bailiff

Post by Snape »

Wow that sounds wonderful, Skeff. I would love the chance of spending 5 days at Ashmead in summer. :Beg:
What are the chances that we could have a TFF party on there for a summer week and fish exclusively with cane and trad methods? :Sun:
“Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers,” Herbert Hoover.
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

GregF
Crucian Carp

Post by GregF »

Thanks Skeff. May the blessings of Izaak be upon you. :cheers:
"Give up haste and ambition, close your mouth, only then will you comprehend the spirit of Tao" - Lao Tze

Skeff
Crucian Carp

Post by Skeff »

Snape wrote:Wow that sounds wonderful, Skeff. I would love the chance of spending 5 days at Ashmead in summer. :Beg:
What are the chances that we could have a TFF party on there for a summer week and fish exclusively with cane and trad methods? :Sun:
Of course you would be very welcome Snape... And if a Tff group wants to book time together that would be terrific... indeed, I had a traditional Tff week in mind when I asked Mark if I could post the information on the forum. Ashmead is suited perfectly to stalking and a traditional approach. Many of my carp to well over forty pounds from the lake have been caught on the pin.... :Wink:

Loop Erimder
Wild Carp

Post by Loop Erimder »

WOW, that sounds amazing. Is this the idea going forward for the future as I would love to spend a few days there. Would not be able to apply this year though as I'm getting married :doh: :Chuckle: Would certainly love a chance next year
Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast; in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish

Barbulus
Tench

Post by Barbulus »

Skeff - that sounds like a very positive development; inclusivity yet retaining the whole point - a rare blend. I shall begin packing my gear over the next several days and drafting an appropriate e.mail......I hope to be there then in the Summer. Excellent news.

Julian
Salmon

Post by Julian »

That sounds great Skeff - for all the right reasons. It will be wonderful to give so many an opportunity to fish there , and it will enable Ashmead to remain an idyllic place indefinitely. :Hat:
There is no peace on earth like the peace of fishing in the early mornings

Skeff
Crucian Carp

Post by Skeff »

Thanks for the support gentlemen.... Yes Loop, this will be the way we will continue to run the fishery.

There are lots of good reasons behind the change. We are keeping the local syndicate members on as our bailiff team and to help maintain the lake, so they will have weekend access (Friday night to Sunday morning) for a reduced annual fee as a thank you. We are also giving priority booking to past and present syndicate members from further away, which means they can book three weeks for the price of the old syndicate fee, which is more than they would often visit each year.... So almost everyone from the old syndicate past and present are behind the idea and supporting us.

The new approach obviously lets more anglers savour Ashmead and it's carp fishing, so that is a great thing, as I love sharing the water with like-minded people. And of course it will now provide a living income for us as a family and that means I can spend more time on the conservation work on the wetland, develop my writing, photography and film-making interests and work on some really exciting angling and conservation projects, as an independent consultant. Ideal really!

Without wanting to sound arrogant, I hope to develop Ashmead as a beacon of good fishery and conservation management that might inspire and inform other lake owners to think more broadly about how angling and wildlife can thrive together.

Loop Erimder
Wild Carp

Post by Loop Erimder »

Wonderful wonderful news Skeff, another dream fishery to potentially angle at in the future :fishing1: ........... if one is lucky enough :Hat:
Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast; in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish

Return to “Other Pools and Lakes”