Carp Avon

The Allcocks Rods forum.
Silfield
Brown Trout

Re: Carp Avon

Post by Silfield »

That looks a lovely find, congratulations. A rod for many different situations by the look of it.
I do like Tulip rings and have been on the look out for one for a couple of years now to go on a heavy spinning rod that is patiently waiting a rebuild.
“There is certainly something in angling that tends to produce a serenity of the mind.”
Washington Irving

Dave Burr
Honorary Vice President

Post by Dave Burr »

PershoreHarrier wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 9:32 am
Dave Burr wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 9:24 am
PershoreHarrier wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 9:00 am
Champ wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:26 pm A great find Ljm.I had and used one.Mostly with the Avon tip.The tulip tip rings are lovely.I dont remember seeing these on any other rod.
Champ - just a thought but did you sell your Carp Avon to me around 10 years ago? I recall a TFF member selling me the rod and delivering it to me in Pershore but I cannot remember who - if it was yourself then many thanks indeed - superb rod which I like alot and which has several outings a year.
I think you'll find that was me Keith, it was one restored by Barder wasn't it?
T'was not your goodself DB that sold me the Carp/ Avon - I bought the Avon Superb from you though. The Carp Avon I acquired had been well used and was certainly not restored by Barder although I had seen a Carp Avon in Barder's workshop some years before. My Carp Avon went to Andrew Davis and he restored it for me to his usual very high standard.

I recall visiting you on the Wye with Loopster maybe in 2012 or 2013 and I brought the Carp/ Avon with me (pre -refurbishment) and you asking if you could stroke its fine lines. I recall thinking 'What a strange man.' :Hat:
Hmmm? I wonder where mine went?

Champ
Chub

Post by Champ »

Champ wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:26 pm A great find Ljm.I had and used one.Mostly with the Avon tip.The tulip tip rings are lovely.I dont remember seeing these on any other rod.
Champ - just a thought but did you sell your Carp Avon to me around 10 years ago? I recall a TFF member selling me the rod and delivering it to me in Pershore but I cannot remember who - if it was yourself then many thanks indeed - superb rod which I like alot and which has several outings a year.
It was not mine PH.Jason White had mine as part of a trade.Mine was as new when i bought it.I used the Avon tip on the rod a couple of times.It still looked new when i passed it on.

PershoreHarrier
Rainbow Trout

Post by PershoreHarrier »

Champ wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 4:34 pm
It was not mine PH.Jason White had mine as part of a trade.Mine was as new when i bought it.I used the Avon tip on the rod a couple of times.It still looked new when i passed it on.
Thanks for letting me know you are innocent Champ. Anyway someone on TFF sold me the Carp /Avon - the trouble is all the older pms have been deleted so I cannot find out who it was. I know I paid £150 for it complete with original rod bag which I thought was a very fair price. Mine will be out on the River again in the next two weeks for an outing.

Gobio Gobio
Grayling

Post by Gobio Gobio »

Well done Lee, a fine looking fly rod!

P Hardwick
Minnow

Post by P Hardwick »

Lovely rod!!!

P Hardwick
Minnow

Post by P Hardwick »

I was a very happy person indeed yesterday there was one of these rods on Mullocks auction,and the listing read Allcocks carprod with spare tip! I could just see on the pictures we’re on the tip sections written carp and Avon, so I kept a very low profile put quite a high commission bid on it, and of course other items, I collected it yesterday and it is in pristine condition what I wanted, not cheap though even with there mistake, I will put some pictures up of it,I really am getting into Allcocks vintage gear, lovely quality. Paul

Return to “Allcocks Cane Rods”