Trudex dates

The J. W. Young and Allcocks Reels forum.
Duckett
Tench

Re: Trudex dates

Post by Duckett »

Wallys-Cast wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 12:53 pm
Duckett wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 11:29 am
Wallys-Cast wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 9:02 am
Duckett wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:31 pm
Wallys-Cast wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 2:22 pm A question I have often pondered is why the silver rapidex got a nice chrome foot but the black version was just painted. And if it's because the silver one was thought of as the deluxe version, why didn't the silver trudex get a chrome foot.
There now work that one out.
Wal.
Wal, mate, this one will give you a headache ……….. I have a black Rapidex with a chrome foot!

Phil
Its not one of my respray jobs is it Phil. :whistle:
:Hahaha: :Hahaha: :Hahaha: :Hahaha:
Looks untouched to my eyes Wal!
Oh, I do a canny job Phil. :Hahaha:
If it’s one of yours Wal, you distressed it afterwards!
ImageImageImage
From "... the wilds of the Wirral, whose wayward people both God and good men have quite given up on ...".

Wallys-Cast
Pike

Post by Wallys-Cast »

Well that certainly looks original to me Phil. Nice example and the first I have seen with a chrome foot.

Of course the foot could have been nicked from a silver one haha.

Duckett
Tench

Post by Duckett »

Wallys-Cast wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 7:44 pm Well that certainly looks original to me Phil. Nice example and the first I have seen with a chrome foot.

Good point that Wal. The chromed feet are so much better that, if I ever came across a trashed Trudex or Rapidex with one, I’d be sorely tempted to do just that for my other examples. I don’t think the screws on this have ever been undone but I could never be certain!

Phil
From "... the wilds of the Wirral, whose wayward people both God and good men have quite given up on ...".

Wallys-Cast
Pike

Post by Wallys-Cast »

Duckett wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 8:37 pm
Wallys-Cast wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 7:44 pm Well that certainly looks original to me Phil. Nice example and the first I have seen with a chrome foot.

Good point that Wal. The chromed feet are so much better that, if I ever came across a trashed Trudex or Rapidex with one, I’d be sorely tempted to do just that for my other examples. I don’t think the screws on this have ever been undone but I could never be certain!

Phil
Trudex has a different type of foot Phil but you do see a lot of Rapidex reels going cheap, usually with knackered spools and cages. Something else to keep an eye out for. :Thumb:

Duckett
Tench

Post by Duckett »

Wallys-Cast wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 8:58 pm
Duckett wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 8:37 pm

Phil
Trudex has a different type of foot Phil but you do see a lot of Rapidex reels going cheap, usually with knackered spools and cages. Something else to keep an eye out for. :Thumb:
Cheers Wal!

Return to “J. W. Young and Allcocks Reels”