River Roding

This forum belongs to the River Roding.
Old Nell

Re: River Roding

Post by Old Nell »

Hi guys
I would also be in on a close season Roding recce .To my shame it's a river I've never fished even though its my most local. I'd love to meet up and learn a bit about it and share my venues a little further afield [but not to far] with the rest of you.

Andrew Banham

Post by Andrew Banham »

If it drops 800mm before 11am tomorrow and is dropping i,ll be probably be going. It was 2:08m at 11:30 today at shonks mill but dropping slowly. Hope the EA keep uploading the data otherwise i,ll wait till 04.30 tomorrow which is the usual upload time.

Andrew Banham

Post by Andrew Banham »

Welcome Neil. Do you fish the beam or ingrebourne?

Old Nell

Post by Old Nell »

No Andrew. Must admit they're not my sort of thing. Does stuff actually survive in the Beam?
Regards Mark

Andrew Banham

Post by Andrew Banham »

I have never fished the beam but i have fished the ingrebourne at harold wood when the roding has been frozen over. Caught plenty of small chub,dace and gobios. I prefere fishing the roding with its swims to 9 ft and a slim chance of watching something specimen size or nothing.

Roding at shonks mill 2:05m at 16:00. Not dropping quick enough. Level needs to drop a lot in 17 hrs if i want to go out..

Tench Dreamer
Crucian Carp

Post by Tench Dreamer »

I drove up the M11 today past the Roding at Debden up to the m25 the fields were completely underwater . This must effect the little river and its very small head of small fish .

Andrew Banham

Post by Andrew Banham »

No fishing this weekend. I still have to go over the river as we get canoeists when the river is in flood and they know its not a navigation ( after ilford is) and they are trespassing and think no one will be about. The weather this week looks the same again.

Andrew Banham

Post by Andrew Banham »

Went over the bdac stretch this morning and its fishable at the moment it is 0.93 m lots more rain to come this week. Hope to get out sunday

GazTheAngler

Post by GazTheAngler »

Hope you get on the Roding Sunday Andrew. So you'd rate the Ingrebourne for a small stream potter then Andrew?

Andrew Banham

Post by Andrew Banham »

Gaz i only fish the ingrebourne as a last result and use light float tackle with single maggot as the fish are small. The Roding is at 0.81m and if it gets down to 0.60m i will fish a new swim . I want a fat Roach however as always i will take anything to avoid the cheque book and pen

Return to “River Roding”