Hush hush secret additive

This is the place to discuss the fishing baits.
Santiago
Wild Carp

Re: Hush hush secret additive

Post by Santiago »

It's only made safe by mixing with excessive oil over several days. So drain cleaner only becomes safe after being diluted with gallons of water.

Now I 've made my special soap Ive thought of another way of achieving the same thing without making it!!! I will trial both versions this summer.
"....he felt the gentle touch on the line and he was happy"

Hemingway

Santiago
Wild Carp

Post by Santiago »

And here it is. A block of 100 % hemp oil soap. It has the consistency of butter. Apparently, hemp seed is about 30% oil, so the amount I made is approximately equal to the oil in just a pint of hemp. The big difference between soap and oil is that soap is water soluble whereas oil isn't and just floats away. So I'm kind of hoping my hemp soap will be weight for weight a much much more powerful attractant than hemp per se, because of it's water solubility. The idea is to add a blob of soap to prepared hemp or groundbait, and to make small cubes with sand in, to use in running water where hemp would just be washed away. Also one could use it in a small caged feeder and use as a powerful attractant that doesn't need changing every cast. The only snag is, is that hemp oil is a drying oil so can go rancid if not treated properly. There are, of course, other ways of achieving the same super attractant hemp affect, and I ' m now investigating a more simple approach. I will report catching results when I use the stuff, and at the moment I forsee no reason why it shouldn't work.

I also have a 50% version which is much firmer, and early results are promising that with a bit more playing I will be able to make it solid as normal soap and possibly as a hook bait.

Hemingway

RBTraditional
Catfish

Post by RBTraditional »

Hemp soap! That'll drive those hippie chicks crazy down at Glastonbury!! Dont waste it on fish!! A much better alternative than Henry Coopers Brut ......splash it all over! :Hahaha:
" Angling is not an escape from life, but often a deeper immersion into it..."

https://thepiscatorialraconteurs.co.uk/

Santiago
Wild Carp

Post by Santiago »

One can already buy hemp soap but it's quite expensive and only about 15% actual hemp oil. The stuff I made is far too soft to use as proper soap, although I do have a formula for liquid hemp soap.

Hemingway

RBTraditional
Catfish

Post by RBTraditional »

You could be onto something here Trevor......and I don't mean fishing! Good luck and have fun!
" Angling is not an escape from life, but often a deeper immersion into it..."

https://thepiscatorialraconteurs.co.uk/

Return to “Traditional Fishing Bait”