Luggage

Other traditional odds and sods can be found in here.
Davyr

Re: Luggage

Post by Davyr »

That's interesting - that LOOKS like a Pakaseat, but, whether it's a trick of the light or not, the "upholstery" doesn't seem to be made of the usual dark green plastic stuff.

In fact, it looks more like some sort of canvas - an impression bolstered by the err, "stain" that's visible on the seat!

Did Efgeeco ever make a Pakaseat from canvas?

MGs
Pike

Post by MGs »

I have seen their Major seatboxes in plastic coating an canvas (back in the 70s), so I presume it is possible. The Efgeeco sticker looks wonky, so maybe a later addition. However, being the same design, if it is just going to be used, then I'm not sure it matters. The stain could probably be removed with some car upholstery cleaner
Old car owners never die....they just rust away

Weyfarer

Post by Weyfarer »

davyr wrote:Did Efgeeco ever make a Pakaseat from canvas?
Yes

Image Image

Davyr

Post by Davyr »

Thanks, Weyfarer! Either my memory is at fault (entirely possible), or the Pakaseats I've seen have been later models where plastic has been used instead of canvas.

Edit: I've just looked back through the thread and seen that SK's Pakaseat is indeed made with plastic material rather than canvas. Phew! The old memory lives to fight another day!

The Sweetcorn Kid
Wild Carp

Post by The Sweetcorn Kid »

A lovely article, thanks for posting it Weyfarer. :hat:
SK
The Compleat Tangler

“Imagination is the real magic that exists in this world. Look inwards to see outwards. And capture it in writing.”

Nigel 'Fennel' Hudson

Click here for my Youtube Channel...
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeoyLH ... 5H4u8sTDgA

Davyr

Post by Davyr »

The Sweetcorn Kid wrote:A lovely article, thanks for posting it Weyfarer. :hat:
You've been reading too many advertorials in the carp mags if you think that's an article, SK! :wink:

The Sweetcorn Kid
Wild Carp

Post by The Sweetcorn Kid »

Spot on Davyr!! Wrong choice of word there.......... :laugh:
SK
The Compleat Tangler

“Imagination is the real magic that exists in this world. Look inwards to see outwards. And capture it in writing.”

Nigel 'Fennel' Hudson

Click here for my Youtube Channel...
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeoyLH ... 5H4u8sTDgA

Ljm183
Rainbow Trout

Post by Ljm183 »

Tony1964

Post by Tony1964 »

ljm183 wrote:Fishing Creel on ebay £14.99

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/120833195511? ... 1423.l2649
Very nice, I wonder how sturdy it is.

PDuffield
Grayling

Post by PDuffield »

Efgeeco also marketed another design of the Pakaseat although I couldn't say when as I bought mine second hand a couple of years ago. It uses velcro and zips instead of buckles, and is designed so the back stays upright on its own when used in 'seat mode', i.e. not needing the metal clip on the earlier model. Its designed to be carried on the back like a rucksack, although the harness in the pictures below isn't original, but one I added later. The original harness, which had to be replaced because it was damaged, was made of the 'seat belt' type straps used on the earlier model.

Paul

Return to “Other Traditional Items of Tackle”