National Vintage Tackle Fair - 19th May 2013

This is the place where forthcoming events like fishing tackle fairs, game fairs, book launches and similar events can be posted.
The Sweetcorn Kid
Wild Carp

Re: National Vintage Tackle Fair - 19th May 2013

Post by The Sweetcorn Kid »

My god, that is stunning!!!! :Thumb:
SK
The Compleat Tangler

“Imagination is the real magic that exists in this world. Look inwards to see outwards. And capture it in writing.”

Nigel 'Fennel' Hudson

Click here for my Youtube Channel...
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeoyLH ... 5H4u8sTDgA

Beresford
Sea Trout

Post by Beresford »

It sounds as if it was a great show, so when is the next one? Did anybody see a Walker style carp net there?
The Split Cane Splinter Group

Swythyn Troutbeck
Grayling

Post by Swythyn Troutbeck »

Paul Cook wrote:Image

Nobby is correct but there was also another method in my madness regarding my collecting line winders . I did want to make some and after much deliberation I took the plunge . Fiddly and time consuming but also very rewarding . I have also got to thank another forum member , Haydn for his sterling effort in sourcing me some really ancient rosewood which was well over a 100 years old , a fitting vintage timber to make a line winder from , sort of ties everything in nicely . Also Haydn very Kindly cut all the timber up for me to suitable lengths to work from , a mean task in itself as rosewood has a nasty habit of shattering , without his help I would still be whittling away .

As usual the fair is always something to look forward to with all the associated goodies availible and it is also nice to say hello to various people and put names to faces . Recieved 4 beautiful floats from Andy Bachelor [ thanks Andy] picked up a couple of old floats , yet more to fill up my ever increasing collection of winders . All in all a good day and look forward to the next one in November . In the meantime poor old patient Jim of the VFC shall recieve his long awaited Avocet now the winder making bug is over .
It will be worth the wait, Jim. Paul made me an Avocet with the onion handle...it was so beautiful that then I had to make an antler headed split cane rod rest to do it justice, then a walnut stained tackle box, then a range of floats to go with the handful of early PC originals, then some lovely brass finished tobacco tins for bits, then some bamboo shot tubs...you don't know what you'll be getting yourself into!!!

Lovely winder, Paul, by the way.

Troutbeck
When I'm not fishin' I'm fettlin'

Mark
Head Bailiff

Post by Mark »

They do look rather nice don't they.
Mark (Administrator)

The most precious places in the English landscape are those secretive corners,
where you find only elder trees, nettles and dreams. (BB - Denys Watkins-Pitchford).

Trevor
Eel

Post by Trevor »

Nobby wrote: Andy had some of his superb ash-hoop landing net heads there and was knocking those out cheap too, complete with khaki dyed nets on them. Perhaps he was catching the bus home and wanted to clear his table, Andy was giving it away.
Nooooo! I wanted to ask him about prices but every time I walked past he was talking to someone else. I gave up in the end, thinking they'd probably be out of my price range anyway.
How much was he selling them for?

St.John
Tench

Post by St.John »

Bloody hell Paul, those are wonderful. Well done.
"Be patient and calm-for no man can catch fish in anger."

Trevor
Eel

Post by Trevor »

Beresford wrote:It sounds as if it was a great show, so when is the next one? Did anybody see a Walker style carp net there?
There was one tucked under a table, and on Jims stall was an actual (probably) Walker-built net. I had a good gander at that one

Beresford
Sea Trout

Post by Beresford »

When's the next one? I've seen the Walker net on Jim's site but by the time I've factored in restoration costs that's going to become a very expensive net.
The Split Cane Splinter Group

Trevor
Eel

Post by Trevor »

I think the next one's in November

Loop Erimder
Wild Carp

Post by Loop Erimder »

Blackadder wrote:I think the next one's in November
The 17th
Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast; in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish

Return to “Fishing Tackle, Game Fairs and Other Events”