Kelly Kettle

Other traditional odds and sods can be found in here.
Featch

Re: Kelly Kettle

Post by Featch »

At the weekend Mrs Featch dragged me off to a car boot sale at the crack of dawn. Hadn't been there long when I saw a lady unpacking what I immediately recognised as a Kelly Kettle. Unfortunately a man in front of me picked it up with me willing him not to buy it, and fortunately he clearly didn't have any idea as to what it was... pheeew!
The stallholder was most surprised that I knew what it was and would £2-00 be alright? Yes £2-00 for a brand new 1.6 litre aluminium Kelly Kettle. I might do more of these boot sales!

Also picked up a Farlow Saphire 3 1/8 fly reel with spare spool in very usable condition for £3-00. So all in all it was worth getting up for.

Shaun Harrison
Zander

Post by Shaun Harrison »

Excellent result!

Loop Erimder
Wild Carp

Post by Loop Erimder »

You very lucky man, I must drag this missus somewhere this sunday for carboot treasures
Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast; in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish

The Sweetcorn Kid
Wild Carp

Post by The Sweetcorn Kid »

Wonderful fish Shaun, heard so many good things about the special Hempseed your doing.
SK
The Compleat Tangler

“Imagination is the real magic that exists in this world. Look inwards to see outwards. And capture it in writing.”

Nigel 'Fennel' Hudson

Click here for my Youtube Channel...
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeoyLH ... 5H4u8sTDgA

Mark
Head Bailiff

Post by Mark »

Very nice Shaun. :thumb:
Mark (Administrator)

The most precious places in the English landscape are those secretive corners,
where you find only elder trees, nettles and dreams. (BB - Denys Watkins-Pitchford).

Snape
Bailiff

Post by Snape »

Lovely stuff Shaun. I do like the grill. Must get one of those adaptations.
I had never heard of de-shelled hemp but a web site selling it says
Dehulled hemp seeds are the whole hemp seed with the shell taken off! They have a delicious nutty flavour and are a really healthy treat. Ideal for sprinkling on pasta, salads, rice dishes, desserts etc, making into energy balls or just for nibbling on their own. Add to fruit/vegetable juices and make into a delicious nutrient packed smoothie.
Combined bait and your fishing dinner all in one!
“Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers,” Herbert Hoover.
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

Julian
Salmon

Post by Julian »

The kelly kettle and sausages on the grill look great - but the carp is even better. :hat:
There is no peace on earth like the peace of fishing in the early mornings

Shaun Harrison
Zander

Post by Shaun Harrison »

The sausages were a little burn't - the twigs became a little over excited and burst into flames a little too rapid.

Served me right for not getting the coals warmed enough before starting to cook. I'd forgotten to drop a couple in whilst the kettle was building up to boil.

Hey ho - probably distracted by something incredible as usual :-)

The Sweetcorn Kid
Wild Carp

Post by The Sweetcorn Kid »

Incredible things have a habit of doing that....but who are we to complain? :wink:
SK
The Compleat Tangler

“Imagination is the real magic that exists in this world. Look inwards to see outwards. And capture it in writing.”

Nigel 'Fennel' Hudson

Click here for my Youtube Channel...
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeoyLH ... 5H4u8sTDgA

Noodle

Post by Noodle »

The bloke who I fish with has one and they are soooo much fun, I've got a posh msr fly though which runs of just about any flammable liquid, I also have the old primus hiker which he prefers me taking as the O ring seal has never given up on that turning the stove into a small pressurised incendiary device requiring a size nine to propel it into the lake

Return to “Other Traditional Items of Tackle”