replacement nets

Traditional landing nets large and small.
Snape
Bailiff

Re: replacement nets

Post by Snape »

“Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers,” Herbert Hoover.
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

MGs
Pike

Post by MGs »

I have bookmarked the page. Looks just the thing for my MK5 homemade net, when I get round to doing some more work on it.
Old car owners never die....they just rust away

Nobby
Wild Carp

Post by Nobby »

Another source of replacement nets is Dinsmores. Rarely carried in the tackle shops, you might have to look at the catalogue and get one ordered, though they do appear on eBay too, as do Sno Bee ones.

Sno Bees will do a round steel collapsable net head OK and Dinsmores a tri-angular one.

click to enlarge:

The larger Dinsmore label is sewn in and I dyed it black, the fish-safe one I cut off!

PaulJohno

Post by PaulJohno »

I had just received the large size although I bought direct from Snowbee, fast service I can tell the.

The VFC
Brown Trout

Post by The VFC »

Great thread - came in the nick of time as we've just started doing some nets from a great old chap called Jim Arnold and need to fit the nets to his split cane net heads.

Thanks - SnoBee site here I come!
Jim

The Tuesday Swim
Grayling

Post by The Tuesday Swim »

Hello Gents,

I'm not too keen on the Snowbee replacement nets, I'm looking for a fine soft net to fit a triangular 30" head for my Efgeeco net, any other suggestions?

Tadpole

Nobby
Wild Carp

Post by Nobby »

I was about to post the same thing!

Having landed large fish ( I should be so lucky! ) in the Snobee net I had no problems, but anything small, say around 4 or 5 pounds, just gets lost in the net and that large mesh still catches on scales.

SO much harder to use than my old Drennan Match net........

I fear you can have the vintage 'look' or you can have a nice net to use....but not both.

Having finally, after all these years, got a Mr. Crabtree net, I'm damned if I'm not going to use it, so I'm going to have to do some thinking here.......I like the way 'pan net' heads don't fold up over the fish, making it much easier to unhook the fish, and I definitely want fine mesh to stop scale damage.

Perhaps I should get a modern match head and paint a coarse mesh on it!

:hahaha:

The Tuesday Swim
Grayling

Nobby wrote:I was about to post the same thing!

Having landed large fish ( I should be so lucky! ) in the Snobee net I had no problems, but anything small, say around 4 or 5 pounds, just gets lost in the net and that large mesh still catches on scales.

SO much harder to use than my old Drennan Match net........

I fear you can have the vintage 'look' or you can have a nice net to use....but not both.

Having finally, after all these years, got a Mr. Crabtree net, I'm damned if I'm not going to use it, so I'm going to have to do some thinking here.......I like the way 'pan net' heads don't fold up over the fish, making it much easier to unhook the fish, and I definitely want fine mesh to stop scale damage.

Perhaps I should get a modern match head and paint a coarse mesh on it!

:hahaha:
I agree Nobby, I'm not fussed about looking vintage though, just need a good mesh net.

Gurn
Chub

Post by Gurn »

Tadpole, I know that Middy Tackle do a 30" triangular Barbel net in there 30+ range. They are not overly expensive, so removing the mesh from one of these may be an option.

http://www.specimen30plus.com/products_ ... 5&c=V&t=V2

The Tuesday Swim
Grayling

Thanks Gurn, the net is fine (possibly without the camo!) but at £29.00 a little pricey.

Return to “Traditional Landing Nets”