ABU 505 1ST VERSION

The ABU Reels forum.
BeechmereLake
Brown Trout

ABU 505 1ST VERSION

Post by BeechmereLake »

Recently I was looking at one of my ABU 505 1st version reels and giving it a clean when I noticed a spool I had not seen before.

We know from information all 1st version 505 reels has the markings of a double headed arrow and the name Sweden stamped or engraved on the spool, the spool on this reel however shows the words on off and is also done in Swedish which are Till and Fran, never seen this before any of the spools for these reels, has anyone else seen this before.
I will show you some pictures of it just as a reference point for anyone who may collect them.
The word Sweden is hard to see in the close up picture but is towards the bottom of the spool.

" It is a sinister place yet powerfully fascinating"

"BB"

RightCharlie

Re: ABU 505 1ST VERSION

Post by RightCharlie »

Yes, was on mine that I sold on e-bay last year. Possibly a home market reel for Sweden?

BeechmereLake
Brown Trout

Post by BeechmereLake »

Glad to see there was more than two as I have found another :Chuckle:
Can you remember RightCharlie what version your reel was?

"BB"

RightCharlie

Post by RightCharlie »

I always assumed it was the first version without the alloy rim around the spool cover & no serial number on the back of the side plate.
Regards
Ian

BeechmereLake
Brown Trout

Post by BeechmereLake »

Ian, oddly enough the only difference between a 1st version and a second version is the dust cap and Teflon washer, the rest of the reel was identical.
The third version is where the reel completely changed cosmetically and mechanically.

"BB"

Return to “ABU Reels”