Lindop Rods

The Other Traditional Rods forum.
Parabolic
Dace

Lindop Rods

Post by Parabolic »

I recently posted an ad in the wanted section for a Lindop Challenge Supreme, which prompts me to ask if anyone has any information on this Company and its rods. I'm led to believe they bought in rods and re-badged them, but beyond that know little else.

Are there any Lindop afficionados out there? Any company history and active dates? Any rod reviews?

Or am I the solitary Lindop enquirer?

Nobby
Wild Carp

Re: Lindop Rods

Post by Nobby »

Very little information out there about them.all I can offer you is this teaser:

MaggotDrowner
Sea Trout

Post by MaggotDrowner »

I have a Lindop "Supreem Match" that still needs a refurbishment.

A few pics can be found in this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=38&t=8743
"I'd rather be fishing!"

MD

Vole
Rainbow Trout

Post by Vole »

They're still going, though they no longer sell fishing tackle. Might be worth asking if they have a company archive?

http://www.lindopsports.co.uk/
"Write drunk, edit sober" - Hemingway.
Hemingway didn't have to worry about accidentally hitting "submit" before he edited.

Hannay
Perch

Post by Hannay »

I have a Lindop "Lindflo", an 11ft hollow built butt and middle section rod. A lovely, fairly light all round float rod. When I made enquiries about the maker I'm afraid I got no further than you seem to have done! There seems to be very little information out there. The one snippet I managed to gather was that the company did indeed buy in blanks and the chap I spoke to (a very knowledgeable fellow) said his guess would be Chapmans.

P Hardwick
Minnow

Post by P Hardwick »

I have a Lindop challenge deluxe 12' float rod, I have just replaced all the intermediate rings, looks a high class rod, re enforced ferrules and a very nice sculptured handle, no mention if this normal cane or hollow, lovely flamed blanks, certainly a keeper.

Penninelad
Arctic Char

Post by Penninelad »

Please search against Lindop rods as some years ago I posted to say that Lindops had gone into liquidation. I believe they had a number of shops and were wholesalers of sporting goods. The rods bearing their name were manufactured for them, but I do not know by whom, as there were a number of jobbing rod builders in Redditch and elsewhere. They are generally of good quality
Mark Davies

Wanderer
Arctic Char

Post by Wanderer »

I can't remember any Lindop fishing tackle.
I think that Lindop were a general dealer of sporting equipment and going back to my senior school days ( Minsthorpe high school), a one time progressive comprehensive of which I am very proud, they supplied things like Table tennis and Badminton equipment and I suspect, much more.
It would be good to see a picture of the Lindop challenge deluxe.

All the best.
"Not all those who Wander are Lost !"

P Hardwick
Minnow

Post by P Hardwick »

Picked a lovely 5 piece combination rod up, which arrived today, it makes up into a 7' fly rod or a 7' spinning rod, it needs re building, which i will hastily do, as it's off to Santa for part of my grandsons Xmas present, i will post pics up of it when completed. Paul.

Return to “Other Traditional Cane Rods”