WHAT IS THE MOST UNUSUAL PLACE YOU HAVE EVER FISHED?

This forum belongs to other pools and lakes.
Flightliner

Re: WHAT IS THE MOST UNUSUAL PLACE YOU HAVE EVER FISHED?

Post by Flightliner »

In a graveyard that backed onto a notts gravel pit.A high bank and a narrow ledge was just wide enough to spend the night on . During the night odd bits of gravel would fall behind me making me think that some long dead soul was burrowing back to the here and now, the odd hoot of an owl took on a whole new meaning!!!!

Macdescruple

Post by Macdescruple »

Indoors! an Illuminated shed on a jetty in Lake Texoma on the Texas-Oklahoma border. Fishing into a square well for Crappies and small fish attracted by the lights.

Champ
Chub

Post by Champ »

Rockpools on Portland bill for little Blennies.The sea fishing was a little slow... :Chuckle: .......

The VFC
Brown Trout

Post by The VFC »

On a sea washed shelf of rock (with a blade or two of grass on so it'd count) on trying to be the first to land a blue shark from the shore in the UK. Oh the things you do when young!

Bobby Marlene
Arctic Char

Post by Bobby Marlene »

Ring of Brodgar
Last edited by Bobby Marlene on Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Bobby Marlene
Arctic Char

Post by Bobby Marlene »

Firehole River
Last edited by Bobby Marlene on Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mario
Eel

Post by Mario »

i once fished in stewart island off new zealand for blue cod we also cought some strange sharks there was some great birds there too one of the best places I've ever been to

Reedling
Catfish

Post by Reedling »

There used to be buildings within the Woolwich Arsenal grounds near Abbey Wood that were surrounded by a raised circular earth bank and a moat going around that. The buildings had gone but they were used to put explosive shells together and the bank and ditch took the blast if all was to explode! The ditch was full of lovely big Tench, Crucians and Rudd. we used to get over there at first light and by the end of a morning session you could have filled a large keep net, ie 100's of pounds of fish between us.

Russell Brown
Rudd

Post by Russell Brown »

When I was little and mum and dad were out I would tie a small hook-to-nylon to a stick, half a matchstick float attached and go hunting for our two goldfish Jake and Jasper that resided peacefully in our very small garden pond.......A tiny piece of worm.........NEVER BLANKED !!!

Old Man River
Eel

Post by Old Man River »

In 1972 I was in the Army and posted to Berlin, we used to carry two man armed patrols,in Landrovers, checking the state of the wall, using observation Points so we could look over the wall and see waht was going on the other side, plus other duties as well.

We also patrolled the “wire” which many have never heard of, the “wire “ was where the wall entered the countryside around Berlin, it went through woodland , farmland and forest. The forest had many manmade overgrown ditches, some up to 20 feet wide, these ditches were never cleared, were quite shallow in places, weeded up in others, but they all contained Tench , as nobody except us ever went in to the areas we patrolled it was a fairly easy for myself and my oppo Gary to pop a rod and reel, plus some worms and end gear in the back of the Landy and have a short fishing session during either the day or night. The Tench were not big, probably a couple of pounds or so, but were great fun on the gear we had, we always found it strange that we never ever saw any other species of fish , just the Tench .

It was a bit bizarre fishing and carrying our side arms and SMG”s over our shoulders, and hearing the East German border guards driving along the opposite side of “The wire” when we were busy with the Tench .

I am not sure exactly what our officers would have thought if they knew what we were up to .

I have some photos somewhere, must dig them out .

:Chuckle: :Chuckle:

David
Hurrumph....... whatever happened to Handlines ?

Return to “Other Pools and Lakes”