WHAT IS THE MOST UNUSUAL PLACE YOU HAVE EVER FISHED?

This forum belongs to other pools and lakes.
Wandle1
Grayling

Re: WHAT IS THE MOST UNUSUAL PLACE YOU HAVE EVER FISHED?

Post by Wandle1 »

How does a virgin pool set up on the wild Cornish cliffs grab the imagination ,even better it is next to a defunct WW2 airfield which was totally manned by females as well as training the bomber pilots...

The mess houses/bunker is still there....the lake is like an infinity pool all you can see is the Atlantic....I have fished it too..!!!..

The Sweetcorn Kid
Wild Carp

Post by The Sweetcorn Kid »

Liking the look of that, sir.
SK
The Compleat Tangler

“Imagination is the real magic that exists in this world. Look inwards to see outwards. And capture it in writing.”

Nigel 'Fennel' Hudson

Click here for my Youtube Channel...
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeoyLH ... 5H4u8sTDgA

TrentFisher
Crucian Carp

Post by TrentFisher »

Back in the early 70's during the the school holidays a mate and me fished the boating lake at Chapel St Leonards on the east coast near Skegness.
We would get an early start to miss the holidaymakers and fish till about 10 am and go back to base to return after 6 pm and fish till dark.
The lake held a good head of Carp and we managed a few during our weeks stay,however my mate Dave hooked a nice fish during the evening session,whilst there was a number of people about.
The lake contained a small island which the boats were supposed to go round in the same direction and this where dave hooked the carp and it headed directly towards the opposite back turned left and headed to the far side of the island.Luck was on his side as he had enough angle from his orginal fishing position that he was able to walk round the lake to where the fish had found cover under the moored pleasure boats I followed net in hand.
By this time a crowed had gathered to watch two teenagers do battle with the monster beneath the boats.after some nervous moments the fish about turned out of the narrow channel and back to the main lake where it was successfully netted by yours truely to a round of applause and cheers from the crowd.
The carp was beautiful at 18lb 6oz ,there was no shortage of people willing to take photographs,and we even got a bag of chips thrown in......I will never forget that adventure.

Loop Erimder
Wild Carp

Post by Loop Erimder »

That pool looks fabulous :fishing1:
Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast; in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish

Capebreton
Perch

Post by Capebreton »

A friend got me a ticket to fish on small lakes on an army base. Felt very strange casting near an assult course and army barracks......kind of the friend but not my cup of tea.

Sandgroper
Bleak

Post by Sandgroper »

I guess the strangest place I ever fished was in an old static tank in the grounds of the SKF factory at Sundon Park in Luton. Soon after starting work there, I looked into the water in the tank and saw the shadowy shapes of fish among the weed. I took a small tackle rig with me one day and found that the fish were a species of carp/goldfish and they were quite easy to catch. Of course there was nothing there to excite me, but catching fish is a good way to spend one
Eagles may soar but I will never get sucked into a jet engine.

Olly
Wild Carp

Post by Olly »

A small inlet tank for a London Reservoir, about 20ft x 20ft, with the water boiling with the speed of the water coming through a pipe about 8ft in diameter! Had large dace living in it, including one of a pound and many more over 10oz that I caught.
The reservoir also had some very large pike living just outside the tank, I had several over 20lb. Perhaps the dace were hiding from them!

Ian.R.McDonald
Chub

Post by Ian.R.McDonald »

wading out on the far bank of the Eagle pond Snaresbrook and standing knee deep in water on top of a load of corrugated fencing panels which has been dumped in- lowering a bait into the gaps and seeing it disappear (into a perch mouth)

just as well I did not slip as I may not have been typing this!

Tony.J.Newman
Silver Bream

Post by Tony.J.Newman »

Was that the same day you fell out of the tree on the island up to your neck in water ?

Ian.R.McDonald
Chub

Post by Ian.R.McDonald »

think so- i think it was being soaking wet that started the wading on fence panels

and why cant i remember where i left my phone 1 hour ago- and be able to go back to that day in a flash (dont answer that)

Return to “Other Pools and Lakes”