Members gallery of traditional items of tackle made by you

Made some other form of traditional fishing tackle.
Pallenpool
Zander

Re: Members gallery of traditional items of tackle made by you

Post by Pallenpool »

Splendid Ian - I would be tempted to cut that length down and use for floats. But as I never use a quiver tip it’s not surprising. This being said I may in the fullness of time have a piece of cane with a usable (cane) quiver if required back in my possession. Anyway I do like the tube and being repurposed it is surely a good thing.
No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man.

Heraclitus

www.thepiscatorialraconteurs.co.uk

Mr B
Arctic Char

Post by Mr B »

I am amazed by the skill of you TFF members posting in this section.
Truly men to be envied in a very nice way.

Mr B.
The close season is an important and interesting time for the Angler who set out to catch big fish. It is a timely opportunity for him to make new tackle or renovate old. There are no end of jobs to do, apart from those horrible things called Gardens!

Silfield
Brown Trout

Post by Silfield »

Pallenpool wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 10:46 pm Splendid Ian - I would be tempted to cut that length down and use for floats. But as I never use a quiver tip it’s not surprising. This being said I may in the fullness of time have a piece of cane with a usable (cane) quiver if required back in my possession. Anyway I do like the tube and being repurposed it is surely a good thing.
Morning Peter,
In all honesty if used for floats the capacity would equate to 2 or 3 porcupine quills, such is the internal bore of the Spanish reed. My wife came home a couple of weeks ago with a 12 foot length of bamboo with a diameter of approx 55-65mm that I have plans to make a few float tubes out of (or a bespoke rod tube!)
Seeing as I now have a splendid stretch of the Wensum to fish next season, I though that I had better get organised and at least look like I know what I am doing :huray:
“There is certainly something in angling that tends to produce a serenity of the mind.”
Washington Irving

Pallenpool
Zander

Post by Pallenpool »

Silfield wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 8:48 am
Pallenpool wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 10:46 pm Splendid Ian - I would be tempted to cut that length down and use for floats. But as I never use a quiver tip it’s not surprising. This being said I may in the fullness of time have a piece of cane with a usable (cane) quiver if required back in my possession. Anyway I do like the tube and being repurposed it is surely a good thing.
Morning Peter,
In all honesty if used for floats the capacity would equate to 2 or 3 porcupine quills, such is the internal bore of the Spanish reed. My wife came home a couple of weeks ago with a 12 foot length of bamboo with a diameter of approx 55-65mm that I have plans to make a few float tubes out of (or a bespoke rod tube!)
Seeing as I now have a splendid stretch of the Wensum to fish next season, I though that I had better get organised and at least look like I know what I am doing :huray:
Agreed - I’ve been doing the same in practice for years.😂 Trips Wensum bound most definitely on the horizon. 👍
No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man.

Heraclitus

www.thepiscatorialraconteurs.co.uk

Liphook
Barbel

Post by Liphook »

Excellent conversion/repurposing Silfield! I like that a lot :Hat:

Return to “Making Other Items of Traditional Fishing Tackle”