MK IV Avon rod

The B. James & Sons Rods forum.
Tizer
Chub

Re: MK IV Avon rod

Post by Tizer »

SofaSurfer wrote:The Bruce and Walker 'G' rods are excellent, I have a pair of the carp version and a pair of the Avon version. Good, hardworking, durable rods. If it is in good condition it will soon be sold, they are the next generation of traditional rods. :-)
:Thumb: What age would it be appox,Thanks

Loop Erimder
Wild Carp

Post by Loop Erimder »

I would guess at 70's :Confused: 80's maybe
Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast; in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish

Tizer
Chub

Post by Tizer »

Thankyou

Wakou
Rudd

Post by Wakou »

And so! I have agreed to "look at" a job-lot of 7 rods tomorrow. Not expensive, and not too far away. Including a B&W Mk IV(g)... Wish me luck! And where will I put them! And what to do with the rods I don't want?

Mr B
Arctic Char

Post by Mr B »

Wakou wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 9:41 pm And so! I have agreed to "look at" a job-lot of 7 rods tomorrow. Not expensive, and not too far away. Including a B&W Mk IV(g)... Wish me luck! And where will I put them! And what to do with the rods I don't want?
Could very well be a pig in a poke.
Who knows..
Sounds a laugh.... but who knows.
The close season is an important and interesting time for the Angler who set out to catch big fish. It is a timely opportunity for him to make new tackle or renovate old. There are no end of jobs to do, apart from those horrible things called Gardens!

Wakou
Rudd

Post by Wakou »

They look to be very well looked after, and on the phone, the seller seemed genuine. But what to do with the others? (Possibly nice ones, but of no interest to me?)

Wakou
Rudd

Post by Wakou »

Cane boat-rods? Does anyone want these? Salmon Fly-rods?

Pallenpool
Zander

Post by Pallenpool »

Wakou wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 10:17 pm Cane boat-rods? Does anyone want these? Salmon Fly-rods?
I may well know of someone who would have a look at the boat rods. Let me know if indeed you are interested in the ‘others.’
No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man.

Heraclitus

www.thepiscatorialraconteurs.co.uk

Paul F
Sea Trout

Post by Paul F »

If its a mkiv rod you are specifically after, why not look out for one being sold on it's own, ask on here if anybody has one for sale, you will save yourself some money, and won't have the agro of trying move on rods nobody really wants.

Rods are a real faff to post, sometimes the agro and cost can not make it worthwhile.

That's my advice, having bought and sold rods for the past 12 years.

Harry H
Rainbow Trout

Post by Harry H »

If it's the advert I think, Ogden Smith fly rod, Abu boat rod amongst others. B/W 11ft 2 piece Avon looks like it has 12"-18" missing off the tip? :holmes:
There are three things that improve with age: wine, friendship and water sense, and there's no short cut.
Anthony Shepherdson

Return to “B. James & Sons Cane Rods”