A Huge Thank You...

The Edgar Sealey & Sons Ltd Rods forum.
Aitch
Pike

A Huge Thank You...

Post by Aitch »

To Tengisgol.... The rebuild he has lavished upon my Sealey 12' Match rod is gorgeous, the varnish in particular is like glass... The rod wasn't that great to start with, the corks were in a state, every ring had to be replaced and a ferrule was cracked... the rod is in my conservatory at the mo letting that lovely finish harden off before I take it to my club lake for some Roach and Skimmer Bream fun... he has retrieved a basket case and turned it into a lovely looking user

Many Thanks Phil.... looking forwards to wetting a line & writing up that first session
Just one more cast love, and I'll be on me way home

Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but pictures and memories

Tengisgol
Barbel

Re: A Huge Thank You...

Post by Tengisgol »

That's very kind Aitch. It has been a very busy time in my life and that rod rebuild, with all its little challenges, was a great distraction. The many small worries like, 'how do I get that ferrule off' or 'I wonder if I can recreate that label on waterslide', well it sent me off to the 'land of nod' many a night when I could have been worrying all night about the big worries and serious stuff.

I thoroughly enjoyed it and look forward to seeing a few pics of it with a nice fish or two. Now, where did I put that Marco that I said I'd look at for Gaz...
Where the willows meet the water...

https://sites.google.com/site/tengisgol/

AshbyCut
Honorary President

Re: A Huge Thank You...

Post by AshbyCut »

Lucky Boy Bluelabel, Sir ... and fine work Tengisgol, Sir. :Hat:
"Beside the water I discovered (or maybe rediscovered) the quiet. The sort of quiet that allows one to be woven into the tapestry of nature instead of merely standing next to it." Estaban.

Return to “Edgar Sealey & Sons Ltd Cane Rods”