Wooda Lakes Nr Bude

This forum belongs to other pools and lakes.
TraditionalAngling
Brown Trout

Wooda Lakes Nr Bude

Post by TraditionalAngling »

Just returned from another week at Wooda Lakes Nr Bude.Due to weather not being to good blowing a gale and very wet.Had a mixed bag of carp up to 8lb and roach up to a pound on light float tackle on worm/bread flake and maggots not big fish just great fighting fish..Carp where very long as the fish are left to fend for them selves.A real mixed coloured lot And the ducks that always wanted feeding.

Has a total of five lakes to fish all in walking distance from the log cabins.And many other lakes to choose from locally that are not over fished in fact the years that I have had the place to myself.
Last edited by TraditionalAngling on Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:32 am, edited 5 times in total.

Mark
Head Bailiff

Re: Wooda Lakes Nr Bude

Post by Mark »

Look a nice place Steve.
Mark (Administrator)

The most precious places in the English landscape are those secretive corners,
where you find only elder trees, nettles and dreams. (BB - Denys Watkins-Pitchford).

TraditionalAngling
Brown Trout

Mark The pics are not right as the down loading has made the fish even thinner than they should be.Looks as if is my Windows Photo Gallery is doing the resizing making the pictures longer.

steve

The Sweetcorn Kid
Wild Carp

Post by The Sweetcorn Kid »

Looks nice Steve. The wife has plans for us to retire to Cornwall but I've always been worried at the lack of course fishing down that way. But you have just made me feel a little better. :hat:
SK
The Compleat Tangler

“Imagination is the real magic that exists in this world. Look inwards to see outwards. And capture it in writing.”

Nigel 'Fennel' Hudson

Click here for my Youtube Channel...
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeoyLH ... 5H4u8sTDgA

Richard C
Brown Trout

Post by Richard C »

The Sweetcorn Kid wrote: The wife has plans for us to retire to Cornwall
Retire?? But your only about 17! :wink: :chuckle:

Lovely photos. And a lovely looking swim in that first photo. :thumb:
"We shall not cease from exploration. And the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.".
T. S Eliot
http://richard-cleaver.blogspot.co.uk/

MGs
Pike

Post by MGs »

The Sweetcorn Kid wrote:Looks nice Steve. The wife has plans for us to retire to Cornwall but I've always been worried at the lack of course fishing down that way. But you have just made me feel a little better. :hat:
Plenty of coarse fishing down here. What is lacking is coarse fishing in the rivers :(
Old car owners never die....they just rust away

TraditionalAngling
Brown Trout

The choices you will have, so many places to fish that are for a £5.00 a day with great fishing.And if you what the big stuff Anglers Paradise.Never fish it but did visit to take a look saw soon great fish.If you do visit and fish try remember to take a 42 inch net in the rules if not you will have to buy one at the in house tackle shop.

steve

The Tuesday Swim
Grayling

Post by The Tuesday Swim »

Sorry, Anglers Paradise? Washed out fish, over stocked, split fins and gamy mouths...its my idea of hell!

SparrowHawk
Bleak

Post by SparrowHawk »

there are a few proper fisheries in devon and cornwall too,have a look at plymouth and district angling clubs website.they have a classic old estate lake at st germans and some old quarries at cadover bridge on dartmoor.Worth looking at rackerhayes complex at newton abbot,probably one of the nicest places i have ever fished in my 40 years of fishing.mature china clay quarries full of specimen fish,truly superb.Theres no need to resort to these newly dug holiday ponds if you search around

TraditionalAngling
Brown Trout

sparrowhawk wrote:there are a few proper fisheries in devon and cornwall too,have a look at plymouth and district angling clubs website.they have a classic old estate lake at st germans and some old quarries at cadover bridge on dartmoor.Worth looking at rackerhayes complex at newton abbot,probably one of the nicest places i have ever fished in my 40 years of fishing.mature china clay quarries full of specimen fish,truly superb.Theres no need to resort to these newly dug holiday ponds if you search around
Thanks for the info have another week due will try some of the places that you suggested.

Return to “Other Pools and Lakes”