Tackle shop tourist!

Do you know of a good traditional fishing tackle shop, past and present.
EdNash
Rudd

Tackle shop tourist!

Post by EdNash »

Hello everyone, I am being treated to a few days in Cambridgeshire/ Huntingdon. Are there any "old" tackle shops I could visit. Regards Ed Nash.

Rutland Rod
Arctic Char

Re: Tackle shop tourist!

Post by Rutland Rod »

EdNash wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:52 am Hello everyone, I am being treated to a few days in Cambridgeshire/ Huntingdon. Are there any "old" tackle shops I could visit. Regards Ed Nash.
Ed, google Peterborough tackle shops there are at least two, and if you’ve never looked at the river Nene and have time visit Wansford / Fotheringhay both pretty villages with pubs. B.B wrote a nice book ‘A summer on the Nene’ where he went along on a small boat.
Dave

Reedling
Catfish

Post by Reedling »

Rutland Rod wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:35 am
EdNash wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:52 am Hello everyone, I am being treated to a few days in Cambridgeshire/ Huntingdon. Are there any "old" tackle shops I could visit. Regards Ed Nash.
Ed, google Peterborough tackle shops there are at least two, and if you’ve never looked at the river Nene and have time visit Wansford / Fotheringhay both pretty villages with pubs. B.B wrote a nice book ‘A summer on the Nene’ where he went along on a small boat.
Dave
Keep an eye out for any local collectors fairs/markets and antiquey shops as well, you never know what may turn up. :Hat:

EdNash
Rudd

Post by EdNash »

Thanks for the replies. I don’t get over that way often so it’s a real treat!

Return to “Traditional Fishing Tackle Shops, Past and Present”