Another Dream Realised .....

Traditional landing nets large and small.
Beresford
Sea Trout

Re: Another Dream Realised .....

Post by Beresford »

Very lovely indeed. I hope you enjoy using it.
The Split Cane Splinter Group

Aitch
Pike

Post by Aitch »

I have seen glimpses of this net as it was being built, during chats with Neil on our little whatsapp group... it truly is a work of art... You are a very lucky man Matthew... lets hope a Carp of suitable proportions graces it soon... Tight Lines :Hat:
Just one more cast love, and I'll be on me way home

Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but pictures and memories

John_Moore
Silver Bream

Post by John_Moore »

A beautiful piece of craftsmanship, enjoy.
John.

Barbelseeker
Brown Trout

Post by Barbelseeker »

Stunning

Olly
Wild Carp

Post by Olly »

Beautiful bit of kit!!

Bob Brookes
Zander

Post by Bob Brookes »

Oh yes, yes, yes! That is orgasmic! :drool:
"You do not cease to fish because you get old, you get old because you cease to fish"

PershoreHarrier
Rainbow Trout

Post by PershoreHarrier »

Now if that does not deserve a 20 plusser I don't know what does - quite superb.

Barbulus
Tench

Post by Barbulus »

Well I managed a few days away to begin my Season. Location ....that historical refuge ....The Moat. A few days to Unplug and Rewind in a magical placed secured by Guardians both physical and spiritual. The "plan" if ever there is a "plan, was to float fish for the Crucians on day one and move to target the Carp on Day 2. A three piece Avon styled cane float rod matched with a DAM 220 and a fine Santiago made antenna styled float and a JB Walker MkiV matched with a DAM 330S for the larger denizens ..... take both the latest RW net from Northern Nomad and one of the older ones as well......
IMG_8916.JPG
With a "shout out" to Mark D for his advice and for the generous packet of the "magic bait", another Dream realised with a personal best Crucian ....
04c6b234-c3c1-4625-a29a-0326db3d6a3d.JPG
A fantastic evening then catching up over a particularly good Casserole on the banks and a couple of hours sleep before awake and up at 0500 .... the rain had stopped and an overcast morning to immerse in the atmosphere of this amazing place .........
IMG_8930 (1).JPG
The Northern Nomad RW net was reading and waiting ... you might spot the matching RW MkiV catapult as well ....
IMG_8941.JPG
And the later .... from right under an overhanging tree where it was one of those casts that either "works" or you know its going to be a complete mess ... well this time it worked and the result a beautiful Common Carp .....
IMG_8945.JPG
I feel fortunate to be able to have access to The Moat and am grateful to those who keep its banks and the traditions and history alive .....so .....two Dreams realised in 2 days ..... the most amazing net I have ever had the good fortune to see thanks to Northern Nomad and a PB Crucian too with thanks to Isaac from one of the most atmospheric and traditional venues I can imagine.....maybe this year isn't so bad..
IMG_8949.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mole-Patrol
Brown Trout

Post by Mole-Patrol »

I know it is a beautiful creation, a thing of joy and all that. But I can't help thinking of the dilemma should a double figure bream take the bait. What do you do - land the fish and have that beautiful net covered in slime, or bite through the line?

I know what I would do. Keep your teeth in just in case :Hahaha:

Barbulus
Tench

Post by Barbulus »

Ha Ha ! That is priceless. A heck of a dilemma to consider .... I'm thinking that there might be an "accidental drop off" .... or maybe a call along the bank for assistance and "can you bring a net... I can't find mine" (quietly hiding it in the undergrowth) ....

Return to “Traditional Landing Nets”