Roach Reflections

Watched a good fishing film lately, why not talk about it in here.
ExeAngler
Chub

Re: Roach Reflections

Post by ExeAngler »

I watch all your videos mark. This year I am really getting back into my float fishing on both river and stillwater. Glaucoma eye issues make watching a float for 5 hours hard work but I am adapting my technical aspects, (bigger floats), and doing shorter sessions. To top it all, I have joined a club with a lovely stretch of the River Thames below Cricklade. Mainly a Chub area, I am sure that there must be some bigger Roach as I am starting to get a few smaller ones amongst the Chublets and Dace. Tightlines Exeangler.

ExeAngler
Chub

Post by ExeAngler »

Mark, If you had to pick one bait to consistently target Bigger Roach on Rivers, what would it be? I am guess Bread flake?

Regards ExeAngler.

DaceAce
Eel

Post by DaceAce »

ExeAngler wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 2:39 pm Mark, If you had to pick one bait to consistently target bigger roach on Rivers, what would it be? I am guessing breadflake?

Regards ExeAngler.
Lower down the Thames (Oxford area) this method (see video) is deadly, and yes, breadflake is the key. On my local rivers I have had a lot of good roach on maggots in winter but do tend to use bread much more nowadays.

DaceAce
Eel

Post by DaceAce »

My latest video which contrasts two approaches to the same swim:

DaceAce
Eel

Post by DaceAce »

Here's my latest video. How I changed my Dave Harrell ST match rod from Reel-Fit fittings to a Fuji screw-down fitting:

Duckett
Tench

Post by Duckett »

The cork over the reel fitting is a brilliant idea Mark. I prefer centrepins with reel bands but for my modern lure rods I’m seriously considering trying that on one of them. Thankfully, they all have Fuji reel seats that screw down!

Phil
From "... the wilds of the Wirral, whose wayward people both God and good men have quite given up on ...".

Liphook
Barbel

Post by Liphook »

Palm swell reel seats are already available although not quite along Marks design. As always horses for courses as I prefer a straight pipe winch for 'pin trotting and a bit of lead flamshing taped to the butt :Hat:

DaceAce
Eel

Post by DaceAce »

Here's my latest video, part 2 in a short series on modifying rod handles, in which I rectify the reel fitting on my Normark Titan 2000 after changing it many years ago:

DaceAce
Eel

Post by DaceAce »

The final part in the trilogy:

DaceAce
Eel

Post by DaceAce »

A quick look back to when it was warmer in mid-Autumn with some fishing on the Dorset Stour:

Return to “Fishing Films”