Bobbin Indicators.

The place you will find all those traditional terminal tackle items.
Banksy
Brown Trout

Re: Bobbin Indicators.

Post by Banksy »

I thought "What's this stuff about not traveling further than the accepted distance?" :Confused:

Then of course it dawned on me to check the date of the post, which I must have missed the first time around.

Beautiful work on those bobbins, David.
But then, as the proud owner of one of your landing nets and two of your net handles, I would expect no less.
:Hat:

PS - the current hot weather in these parts has brought a plague of 'Those Without Appropriate Trousers", the phrase which now springs to mind every time I have to witness an example! :Hahaha:

SooperClooper
Silver Bream

Post by SooperClooper »

Those bobbins certainly looked good, I made some bobbins many years ago from Bic clear plastic biro pens, i cut the last 1.5" from the ballpoint ends, glued a small swivel in the tapered end with mono and a terry clip on and at the other end whipped a piece of 25lb mono which was left long enough to go inside the tube, two had little isotopes inside for night sessions and two were painted dayglo orange, still got them somewhere. they were ideal for delicate presentations at close range and if a bit more weight was needed on them I used to clip on some swan shot.

BoltonBullfinch
Arctic Char

Post by BoltonBullfinch »

Very nice bobbins david, i cant wait for you to make your own bite alarms....

Thanks
BB
'We fish a lot' Forrest Gump.

Old Man River
Eel

Post by Old Man River »

Thank you gentlemen

:Hat:

It is quite some time since I made the bobbins, and sad to sat they have not been used as yet . They are just sat in my “number 2 “tackle bag waiting for a suitable opportunity. I have not done a stillwater night time session for a long time now, my nocturnal piscatorial trips always seem to be to running water.
The resurrection of this thread made me check out the batteries, they are fine , and easy to replace should they discharge so no problems if I suddely get the urge to do a session in the darkness on a suitable venue they are still ready and waiting .

David.

PS Paul, I an rubbish at anything electrical except for replacing batteries so the electrickery wizards will always have a clear run at a vintage bite alarm 😋😋.

David
Hurrumph....... whatever happened to Handlines ?

Return to “Traditional Terminal Tackle”