Ashmead a traditional approach - film

Watched a good fishing film lately, why not talk about it in here.
Snape
Bailiff

Re: Ashmead a traditional approach - film

Post by Snape »

A beautiful film. Having fished there several times I can vouch that it is a magical place but the carp are elusive.
“Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers,” Herbert Hoover.
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

Peter Wilde
Rudd

Post by Peter Wilde »

Lovely atmospheric film.

I just wish more film-makers would resist the temptation to use the trendy ultra-widescreen format. Firstly, 90% or more of its viewers will be seeing it on a normally proportioned TV, computer or phone display, and the large black bands above and below the picture are just wasted screen space. Secondly, in a fishing video the rod is a most important vertical dimension that people want to see in use, expecially if rod-bending fish are caught!

Thanks for posting though.

Bobthefloat
Rainbow Trout

Post by Bobthefloat »

A very special and unique place indeed where a few of us have spent many wonderful days and nights over several years.
I spent 90% of my time there just wandering about the maze, sometimes with a rod.

I remember after my first visit thinking where the bloody hell do I go after here??? And what would be the point!
It was the pinnacle of my Carp fishing and in 4 or 5 years I never saw one in my net BUT there were some amazing fish caught within our group and not all Carp!
Me and Bob Brooke’s both caught Perch with no stripes!!!.

Most of the stock is largely unknown which is almost unheard of in this day and and age and even unknown Carp turn up as the natural undisturbed indigenous fry work their way up through the ranks.

Waking up on Wilson Island alone in that wilderness with the mist rolling across the water accompanied by the wonderful bird song was spiritual and something I will never ever forget.
If you ever get the opportunity to visit TAKE IT! you won't be disappointed.

Aitch
Pike

Post by Aitch »

I can only echo the comments of Nigel and Terry... it is a magical place and I'd dearly love to fish there again after losing one of the larger denizens there last time out...
Just one more cast love, and I'll be on me way home

Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but pictures and memories

Richard
Stickleback

Post by Richard »

Very nice short film, it makes me want to see more of the place.

Return to “Fishing Films”