BoltonBullfinch
Arctic Char

Re: DAM 550N clutch service....

Post by BoltonBullfinch »

Picture for chris.
IMG_20211204_203136_1_resize_61.jpg
Thanks
BB
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
'We fish a lot' Forrest Gump.

Foakes
Stickleback

Post by Foakes »

Here is a factory schematic and parts list — along with a 550N spool showing order of component stack.

I have schematics & parts lists for the DAM Quick reels from the early 50’s through late 80’s.

If any are useful or needed — just let me know.

Best, Fred
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
“The Official Unauthorized Service & Restoration Center for D.A.M. Quick, Penn, ABU/Zebco Cardinals, and Mitchell Spinning Reels”

BoltonBullfinch
Arctic Char

Thank you for the above info, the photograph was just what I needed to sort my 550N. Would you happen to have the same for the Quick Super?

Thanks
BB

Foakes
Stickleback

Post by Foakes »

Yes, I do have schematics for the 270’s — they we’re manufactured for 9 years starting in 1954.

And there were 3 or 4 versions during this time.

So maybe post a couple of photos of your 270 so I can ID it. Then It will be easy to post the schematic for the right spool, parts list numbers, and 270 schematic.

Glad to help.

Best Regards,

Fred
“The Official Unauthorized Service & Restoration Center for D.A.M. Quick, Penn, ABU/Zebco Cardinals, and Mitchell Spinning Reels”

BoltonBullfinch
Arctic Char

Here as requested are a few photos of my Quick Super. I was a tad confused when you said the 270, it's about the same size as my 550 so I wondered for a moment if we were talking about the same reel. Anyway the photo of the clutch parts are top left, plain washers made of some sort of plastic maybe, they are smooth so I don't think they are fibre. The rest you will probably recognise.
I would love to use these reels for the wels catfish we have over here. I feel certain that these reels were manufactured from the tiger tank offcuts.
IMG_20220414_131749_resize_35.jpg
IMG_20220414_131731_resize_12.jpg
IMG_20220414_131703_resize_6.jpg
IMG_20220414_131802_1_resize_3.jpg
Thanks
BB

Foakes
Stickleback

Post by Foakes »

Here is the correct version schematic & part number list for your DQ 270, BB —

Plus, here is the spool drag sequence —

The row of drags on the right were just pulled out of a spool.

The others to the left show brand new old stock drags, spool shaft, and the (2) under-spool washers.

The drag material is of a hard, smooth make-up — referred to as “Resistex” by D-A-M.

These are nearly indestructible, and should be used dry — not greased or oiled like we do with carbon fiber, leather, or felt.

Best Always,

Fred
Last edited by Foakes on Thu Apr 14, 2022 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Foakes
Stickleback

Post by Foakes »

Photos

Jokki
Ruffe

Post by Jokki »

Very nice Fred. Top

The brakes and the arrangement of the discs from the Super were then adopted in the DAM Quick 550.

Here two pictures from the Quick 550 (spare parts list 1968)

BoltonBullfinch
Arctic Char

Thank you Fred for the Quick Super info, I now hopefully have two large DAM reels for the catfish. Still need to sort the rods. I'm thinking of going the Abu route advised bu OMR, if I can find a pair.

Thanks
BB

Return to “DAM Reels”