Craftversa transfer and serial numbers

The Milwards Rods forum.
Greentura
Crucian Carp

Craftversa transfer and serial numbers

Post by Greentura »

Hi again, another Craftversa post. The second one has arrived, as stated, 1” short, and the tip guide rewhipped and second guide refitted a little back to make it look better, the measurements otherwise are correct, this was done by Walter Sewell. The alloy butt ferrule is stamped Milwards although very polished down. The serial number, length and ‘CRAFT VERSA’ part of the transfer looks like they were never put on this rod as apart from the work to the tip it looks completely original, and in every way ready to take to the bankside.

I know this was a rod that was made very near the end of Milwards time making fishing tackle, and I have a couple of other late Milwards rods without the serial number, but I’ve put that down to being lost during past restorations, but this has me thinking that maybe near the end, 1965 I think, the builders just didn’t bother with the serial numbers or any other hand writer script, and only used the ‘Milwards’ transfer and not the cut out bits from the ‘FloatCRAFT’ and ‘SwimVERSA’ as described in Nobby’s post on the subject. Has anybody else come across this?
Last edited by Greentura on Tue May 31, 2022 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Old Man River
Eel

Re: Craftversa transfer and serial numbers

Post by Old Man River »

The serial number, length and ‘CRAFT VERSA’ part of the transfer looks like they were never put on this rod as apart from the work to the tip it looks completely original, and in every way ready to take to the backside.

I take it you are not really going to beat somebody over the missing bit of tip ? :Chuckle: :Chuckle:

Sorry, could not resit… I am as bad for typos as anybody .

David
Hurrumph....... whatever happened to Handlines ?

Greentura
Crucian Carp

Re: Craftversa transfer and serial numbers

Post by Greentura »

Old Man River wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 1:18 pm The serial number, length and ‘CRAFT VERSA’ part of the transfer looks like they were never put on this rod as apart from the work to the tip it looks : :oops: oops: completely original, and in every way ready to take to the backside.

I take it you are not really going to beat somebody over the missing bit of tip ? :Chuckle: :Chuckle:

Sorry, could not resit… I am as bad for typos as anybody .

David
Dyslexia and auto correct conspire again, ‘bankside’, well over forty years since a cane was inflicted on my backside :shocked: edited :Thumb:

Return to “Milwards Cane Rods”