Thanks

Just joined the Traditional Fisherman's Forum, why not pop into this forum and introduce yourself.
Wally Roy
Roach

Re: Thanks

Post by Wally Roy »

Welcome to the forum

Eddy Pools
Rudd

Post by Eddy Pools »

Hello and welcome to the TFF

Dave Burr
Honorary Vice President

Post by Dave Burr »

Welcome aboard, I expect your collection of traditional tackle will soon begin to grow :Hat:

PershoreHarrier
Rainbow Trout

Post by PershoreHarrier »

Welcome from a warm North Worcestershire. A Sundridge Carp rod eh - relatively modern based on what I use but I am sure I will catch up in the next decade or so.

MWithell
Chub

Post by MWithell »

Thanks for all your messages of welcome. I think there will be gutteral noises from my wife if I get MORE fishing tackle... I started fishing in the early seventies, the era of solid glass spinning rods and Abu Mark 5/Mark 6 match rods, and my first decent reel was a Mitchell Match, which I still have and which still works, nearly fifty years on. I then got three Mitchell 410s. Only one of those still works although I'm sure the other two could be easily repaired. These days, though, I use one or other of my centrepins most of the time. I've caught carp on all three of the decent ones in the past week. You just can't beat the control over a fighting fish, particularly at the net, when you can let line out smoothly to slide the fish across the surface.
Malcolm

Catching lob-worms is one of the greater Outdoor Sports. It is the most hilarious game in the world (John C Moore)

GameKeeper
Bleak

Post by GameKeeper »

A very warm welcome

Mitch300
Roach

Post by Mitch300 »

Welcome to the forum, MWithell,

I also began fishing in the early seventies, and have never replaced by beloved fibreglass rods from that era. The main things that degrade their performance are treading on them, overtightening a packed holdall, or slamming them in a car door---not the fishing! As someone who also started out with fixed spool reels before discovering Aerials and Rapidexes, how is your Wallis cast?

This is a very friendly, informative group and you will enjoy it here!

G B

MWithell
Chub

Post by MWithell »

I've never aspired to the dizzy heights of casting with a centrepin. My favourite fishing is close in so I generally go to places where that's productive. I can remember reaching more distant swims by pulling line through several rings. One big advantage with that is that it's difficult to overcast.
Malcolm

Catching lob-worms is one of the greater Outdoor Sports. It is the most hilarious game in the world (John C Moore)

SkimmingTheCream
Chub

Post by SkimmingTheCream »

Welcome to the TFF MW

Bobthefloat
Rainbow Trout

Post by Bobthefloat »

Welcome to the forum :Hat:

Return to “New Member Information and Welcome”