Two Tincas.

This forum is for discussing tench.
Catfish.017
Eel

Two Tincas.

Post by Catfish.017 »

I got up early and went chasing Tench at my new 'favourite' venue the Daw End Canal. I had to chase them too, they were nowhere near as accommodating as last week. In fairness there were a few problems not least a shoal of hungry Bream. Several two to three pounders came along before I got a Tench but it was a good one, the biggest so far at about three and a half pounds.
It was a long time and three swim swaps before I got another. This at a pound and a quarter was the smallest I've had here. Floating gunge made life difficult, filling in the spots I had baited and clogging the bait and line.
A few small Rudd and Perch came on an occasional cast with maggot or caster. Quite happy with that all in all and the rough old Floatcaster performed well again.

MWithell
Chub

Re: Two Tincas.

Post by MWithell »

That sounds good, and your persistence was rewarded. I must admit I'm very disinclined to move once I'm settled.
Malcolm

Catching lob-worms is one of the greater Outdoor Sports. It is the most hilarious game in the world (John C Moore)

Catfish.017
Eel

Post by Catfish.017 »

MWithell wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:15 am That sounds good, and your persistence was rewarded. I must admit I'm very disinclined to move once I'm settled.
My account is probably a little misleading, the swims I fished were all within thirty yards of towpath so no great hardship! I am generally loath to hop about these days, preferring the fish to come to me if I know I'm in the right area roughly. Having said that I travel very lightly too which helps the decision if things aren't going to plan.

MWithell
Chub

Post by MWithell »

I don't carry as much tackle as I used to but it's still a fag moving! Having said that, I did it a few weeks ago and was rewarded with quite a few carp, including one 9lb 4oz, which is quite big for that pond.
Malcolm

Catching lob-worms is one of the greater Outdoor Sports. It is the most hilarious game in the world (John C Moore)

Return to “Tench (Tinca tinca)”