The National Vintage Fishing Tackle Fair - Sunday 13th November 2022

This is the place where forthcoming events like fishing tackle fairs, game fairs, book launches and similar events can be posted.
Lucky Strike
Perch

Re: The National Vintage Fishing Tackle Fair - Sunday 13th November 2022

Post by Lucky Strike »

I’m thinking of going down to this, it will good to see some old friends. John, is there a cash machine nearby or will some stalls have a card payment facility?

Arcadia
Ruffe

Re: The National Vintage Fishing Tackle Fair - Sunday 13th November 2022

Post by Arcadia »

Hi Lucky Strike

I think the nearest cash machine is about a ten to fifteen minute walk away, either at the Sainsbury's garage at the end of the service road to the Abbey Stadium or over the roundabout at the larger supermarket. I would recommend taking a wodge of cash out in advance to be on the safe side if you are thinking of doing a bit of buying. One or two stallholders may have the facility to take cards but the broad majority deal in cash.

Arcadia
Ruffe

STALLS SOLD OUT: The National Vintage Fishing Tackle Fair - Sunday 13th November 2022

Post by Arcadia »

Just a quick note to let all those thinking of attending The National Vintage Fishing Tackle Fair to let you know that all 36 stalls have been taken and there will be a full complement for you to peruse including a number of returning stallholders who have not stalled out for some time and three brand new stallholders, one of whom is coming with some of the contents of a tackle shop clearance. Look forward to seeing you all, I shall be on the door as per. Any queries between now and then please don't hesitate to text me on 07980 274 383 or give me a call.

Many thanks

John (Andrews)

Dave F
Grayling

Re: STALLS AVAILABLE: The National Vintage Fishing Tackle Fair - Sunday 13th November 2022

Post by Dave F »

John,

Is this a “dog friendly” event?
Oh to be at my “Happy Place” where nothing matters but the being there.

Bob Brookes
Zander

Re: STALLS AVAILABLE: The National Vintage Fishing Tackle Fair - Sunday 13th November 2022

Post by Bob Brookes »

Dave F wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 6:33 pm John,

Is this a “dog friendly” event?
It’s in a sports hall so I guess not. Besides it is very busy so wouldn’t be ideal for a dog.
"You do not cease to fish because you get old, you get old because you cease to fish"

Dave F
Grayling

Post by Dave F »

Thanks for getting back to me...
Oh to be at my “Happy Place” where nothing matters but the being there.

Barbelbonce
Rudd

Re: STALLS SOLD OUT: The National Vintage Fishing Tackle Fair - Sunday 13th November 2022

Post by Barbelbonce »

Well done John, another full house of goodies to spend our pocket money on!
Looking forward.
Mike

Arcadia
Ruffe

Re: STALLS SOLD OUT: The National Vintage Fishing Tackle Fair - Sunday 13th November 2022

Post by Arcadia »

Thanks Mike, very much looking forward to seeing everyone. There should be plenty of good stuff.
Best regards

John

Arcadia
Ruffe

Post by Arcadia »

Hi Dave

Thanks for your enquiry about bringing your dog. Ever since the Abbey Stadium went into Private/Public Partnership it has operated a no dog policy across the whole site. I used to bring my dog but was told in no uncertain terms I could no longer do it. So in short dogs aren't allowed at the fair although please be aware that this is not my policy but that of the Abbey Stadium. If it was down to me the hall would be packed with dogs! Some people do bring their dogs and leave them in the car for a bit and then take them for a walk etc but I understand that you might not want to do that for obvious reasons. I hope it doesn't put you off coming.

Best regards

John

RBTraditional
Catfish

Post by RBTraditional »

Dog apartheid sickens me, we see it everywhere from shops, pubs, angling clubs etc …. I was recently in Holt, Norfolk and had spotted a nice Barbour coat on the rack just inside the door of a country clothing outlet, so I stepped inside for a closer look with my spaniel in tow… the lady who presumably owned the business came over and ranted quite loudly at me about no dogs being allowed… my reply as I beat a retreat was “thank you, you’ve just saved me £200!” Hopefully that gave her something to consider in these tough times for retail…..
" Angling is not an escape from life, but often a deeper immersion into it..."

https://thepiscatorialraconteurs.co.uk/

Return to “Fishing Tackle, Game Fairs and Other Events”