Andrew Field Floats

The place you will find all those traditional terminal tackle items.
Bob Brookes
Zander

Re: Andrew Field Floats

Post by Bob Brookes »

Pallenpool wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 4:30 pm For me there is one attribute that separates esteemed float makers and it’s not the aesthetic or as Phil mentions the phenomenon. But in the need, the desire and the generosity in there making and conclusion. I can only think of ‘one’ chap who meets that criteria - in a world where everything has a price it’s good to know that a kindness in spirit outweighs all else. I know a whole lot of us have benefitted from his generosity, close friends or not so.
I agree with you Peter. I too think your 'chap' is phenomenal for both his generosity and the quality of his work. His floats have helped me catch some wonderful perch too. :Thumb:
"You do not cease to fish because you get old, you get old because you cease to fish"

Tengisgol
Barbel

Re: Andrew Field Floats

Post by Tengisgol »

My post there was specifically on the statement, “Andrew has…probably had the greatest influence on float making since Billy Lane”.

I challenge that on the basis Andrew hasn’t influenced design and function at all (in my opinion), but has had a fundamental impact on the artistry of float-making. He has influenced float makers though, if that was what was intended!

There is a very small handful of modern float makers that qualify as amazing artists. Andrew is one of them (and so is the person Peter refers to!).
Where the willows meet the water...

https://sites.google.com/site/tengisgol/

Return to “Traditional Terminal Tackle”