Martin James GFK

The Martin James Rods forum.
Lovatt
Perch

Martin James GFK

Post by Lovatt »

Hello everyone and a good day to you all, today I am the new owner of what I think is a Martin James GFK. The rod is 11' foot long with a whole cane butt and 21" with the button cork shrive - bung handle, Alloy reel fittings plain brass tube unreinforced ferrules built cane middle and built cane tip.

The butt has a hard amber coloured lined ring, the middle has 3 high bells rod rings, like the middle joint the tip also has 3 High bells rings, the tip eye has the same type of hard amber colour insert as the butt ring, the colour of these rings is not a consistant solid one colour as it does seem to vary a little something like a golden reddish brown, and a cool looking decal.

The rod has at some time in the past been re whipped with grass green or green whippings and re varnished it has a lovely yellowish golden honey blond colour to it and is faily light to hold. Unlike a Martin James greaves the handle is tapered at the front end, something similar to a wallis wizzard or allcocks wizzard. Looking at a catalogue that another member pondlife has shared via this post viewtopic.php?t=24490 and based on the length and the catalogue discription it would seem that my rod is or most likeley to be a Martin James GFK unless anyone else has any information, another catalogue, idea or knows what it is ?.

The rod feels quite limber but not floppy, probably suited to a 4, 5 or 6 lb main line. I think this covers my Martin James rod you are welcome to view the pictures and comment. I am looking forward to using this for Perch fishing on the Great Ouse.

Regards Trevor
Martin james GFK 02.jpg
Martin James GFK 01.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Martin James Cane Rods”