Shed finds

Other traditional odds and sods can be found in here.
Kev D
Chub

Shed finds

Post by Kev D »

Not sure what section to put this under but a friend asked if he could come fishing with me. Apparently the last time he fished was in the late 70s in Holland but he had dabbled all round the world in his service days .
We ended up spending the afternoon in the depths of his two sheds in search of missing fishing tackle.
The first find was a cloth bag into which l reached with some trepidation . From which emerged this hefty example of a generic Japanese- made fixed spool reel. It was siezed solid but is recovering after successful surgery.
20230716_161302.jpg
Next dip into the bag produced a reel possessed of the name that must not be spoken aloudšŸ™€šŸ˜±šŸ™Š , in working order and with a spare spool! I didn't know whether to drive a wooden stake through it or simply hit it with a hammer . Unfortunately when the owner saw the thing he went all gooey and nostalgic and l found myself offering to find him some new line for 'It'.
20230716_143712.jpg
20230716_142957.jpg
20230716_142740.jpg
20230716_142350.jpg
The rods when we found them were nothing special ,unbranded fibre glass things, but there was a Shakespeare Polystel " pole that looked quite continental with a little line winder built into one section. I haven't pictured it in case Polystel is a version of an unapproved material.
Update.
I've since been told that Polystel was indeed a version of fibre glass . The pole l saw was incredibly light and almost transparent .
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Kev D on Mon Jul 17, 2023 7:26 am, edited 5 times in total.
In order to shoot some close-ups, wildlife photographer ,the late Len Scapstillon, lured the orca to him by dressing as a seal.......

Dave F
Grayling

Re: Shed finds

Post by Dave F »

The box of floats looks rather interesting!

Iā€™m sure you and your friend will have a great time.

:fishing1:
:fish:
Oh to be at my ā€œHappy Placeā€ where nothing matters but the being there.

Kev D
Chub

Post by Kev D »

Dave F wrote: ā†‘Sun Jul 16, 2023 6:23 pm The box of floats looks rather interesting!

Iā€™m sure you and your friend will have a great time.

:fishing1:
:fish:
It wasn't my tackle so didn't feel comfortable delving too much but apparently some of the floats came from Holland.
In order to shoot some close-ups, wildlife photographer ,the late Len Scapstillon, lured the orca to him by dressing as a seal.......

Sussex Micky
Arctic Char

Post by Sussex Micky »

There are a few Harcork floats there as well

MWithell
Chub

Post by MWithell »

That looks great fun. I have several items from that era, some of it which belonged to my father.
Malcolm

Catching lob-worms is one of the greater Outdoor Sports. It is the most hilarious game in the world (John C Moore)

Return to ā€œOther Traditional Items of Tackleā€