Standard penance.

The K. P. Morritts Reels forum.
Rockape
Roach

Re: Standard penance.

Post by Rockape »

This my not so pristine Junior, as is indicated on the gear plate.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Cane
Grayling

Post by Cane »

Hmmm! That is a bit of a poser, that question. I can see that I’m going to have to find my own Intrepid collection and compare. I must admit that I can’t recall owning one simply called “ Intrepid” but I’ll see what turns up.
Incidentally, I’ve just picked up another “Intrepid Elite” in its box, for the princely sun of six pounds. Looks almost new too.
In the mud and scum of things, something always, always sings!
Mrs Wigg's philosophy

Cane
Grayling

Post by Cane »

I can’t seem to find the standard, but found a”Truespin”.. Anyway, to help you as best I can, I’ve noted a link to The Intrepid website maintained by one of our members. I apologise to him for not noting his name, but others will no doubt remind us.
http://www.intrepidreel.com/reels.html
In the mud and scum of things, something always, always sings!
Mrs Wigg's philosophy

Stingray
Grayling

Post by Stingray »

Hi, all. The "Intrepid" was K.P. Morritt's first Intrepid reel but not their first fixed-spool as the Truspin and possibly the Monarch (which never bore the name Intrepid) came before. The Intrepid Junior was the budget Intrepid which hit the shops probably just slightly after the Intrepid. Then Morritt's revised the range by upgrading the Intrepid Junior to the Intrepid Standard (anti-reverse added), renaming the Intrepid to Intrepid De Luxe (almost) and adding the larger Intrepid Supreme. I said that the De Luxe is a renamed Intrepid but there are some differences I have found: spool changed from metal to plastic and I think (though may need to check) the main gear went from metal to plastic. Thus the just "Intrepid" may be a little bit better than the Intrepid De Luxe.
The J.B.Walker catalogue above is a bit sloppy in its specs and photos and, although a great thing, is not a reliable source I would say.
Rockape: they did change the bail-bumper arrangements on both the Standard and the DeLuxe - less bail bumper means later model(s).

Rockape
Roach

Post by Rockape »

Ah, that clarifies it somewhat, thank you Stingray.

I do have the later 'no-bail bumper' Deluxe too, but not in such nice condition as my earlier one.

I have a few Intrepid models too (just seemed to aqcuire them with other reels), two have a white handle with a metal grip, metal spool and metal main gear, and my other Intrepids are plastic in the same areas (delrin gears?).

I also have the three progressive Monarch models, but the second version has the first version's drag nut (same colour as the reel).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “K. P. Morritts Reels”